I need a 4K TV for under $800

Moose36

Hello everyone and thank you for clicking on this post.

I'm trying to find a TV for my room which will be mounted above a couch on a wall(That means VESA mount support is required) the budget is up to about $700-800 but I'd may be prefer to spend less. The screen size I would prefer is from about 45 to 55 inches max. I feel like at such a screen size 4K is a must since even at 40 inches 1080p already feels pretty grainy. This TV will probably be powered by my PC only and used as an extra monitor for general use, gaming and movies from time to time. One thing which concerncs me is that currently I have 1070 which isn't quite enough for 4K(I mostly play Forza) but since I don't really play that much anymore I'm not so worried about it. Thickness for the TV is also a concern since I don't want it to stand out by 10 cm from the wall and that may likely be a deal breaker for me. I'd also prefer some reputable brand if that is possible

I'm not so into TVs so thats why I don't really care that much about new TV technologies(Maybe I should though) like HDR and OLED, I also think those would make it impossible to find such a tv in my price range, but if I'm mistaken please prove me wrong. I feel like any good 4K tv will be an upgrade from my current map hanging on that wall xD but nevertheless I don't want to completely waist money on some useless 3 year old tv not worth it's price and that's why I'm asking for advice.

Thank you everyone for answering and sorry for my bad english since russian is my mothertongue

Walmart had a 4k 55" tv for $300

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

Just now, AMDPRO said:

Walmart had a 4k 55" tv for $300

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I am in a country where wallmart isn't a thing as well as othe US specific brands

Just now, Moose36 said:

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I am in a country where wallmart isn't a thing as well as othe US specific brands

Oh, then that may be tougher. What can you use?

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

1 minute ago, AMDPRO said:

Oh, then that may be tougher. What can you use?

I think I will have to stick to the main worldwide brands like sony, lg, samsung though if there's some specific model from some other brand I think I will be able to find it, though it should be also available in Europe

Just now, Moose36 said:

I think I will have to stick to the main worldwide brands like sony, lg, samsung though if there's some specific model from some other brand I think I will be able to find it, though it should be also available in Europe

Ok. im sorry but I cant really help with that.

5 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

Ok. im sorry but I cant really help with that.

It's ok, I thought the main brands also had something which could suit my needs

Depending on what you are doing on the PC, you might want to check and see what your gpu is capable of doing and what the tv is capable of doing.  I bought one of the first gen vizio P series 4k tvs that did not support 4:4:4 and when I tried to get my computer to output to it, I had all kinds of problems with it droping to 30hz and flickering bad when playing games.  I think I had to drop it down to 4:2:0.  My tv was also from before HDR so I didnt have to worry about that.  I honestly dont know if there are any gpu's that can output a 4:4:4 hdr signal over hdmi at 60hz 4k. 

1 minute ago, intender said:

Depending on what you are doing on the PC, you might want to check and see what your gpu is capable of doing and what the tv is capable of doing.  I bought one of the first gen vizio P series 4k tvs that did not support 4:4:4 and when I tried to get my computer to output to it, I had all kinds of problems with it droping to 30hz and flickering bad when playing games.  I think I had to drop it down to 4:2:0.  My tv was also from before HDR so I didnt have to worry about that.  I honestly dont know if there are any gpu's that can output a 4:4:4 hdr signal over hdmi at 60hz 4k. 

Thank you for your answer, I will definitely check that once I have a few exact TV models in mind, since now I don't even know a single solid option

19 minutes ago, Moose36 said:

It's ok, I thought the main brands also had something which could suit my needs

Usually you dont buy from manufacturers so icant give u a price