CPU/Memory/DISK usage near max in simple tasks

iHDCool

As you can see in the photo, simple tasks, alot of usage, the only thing that's happening is that I clicked the League of legos icon to open like 2 min before taking this sc (and it still didnt open e.e), the mbytes scan. 90% on fucking CPU? 100% disk? 

System specs : Core 2 Quad 3ghz Q9650, GTX 1050 ti 4gb, WD 7200rpm SATA 3 6gb/s 250gb HDD, 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz, windows 10 pro. No viruses in the pc, just scanned. I formatted the pc not more then a week ago. 

Please help 

damnson.png

Ignore the disk percentage. It's completely inaccurate. Windows doesn't know the limits or capabilities of your hard drive, so it's guessing or estimating, and it's completely out there.

As for CPU, click on the CPU tab to sort tasks by percentage. You can also look under the Details tab, which is more precise.

Mate... the pc rn with those stats, its slow as fuck... even youtube videos are fucking freezing..... Im tilted.. 

4 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

Mate... the pc rn with those stats, its slow as fuck... even youtube videos are fucking freezing..... Im tilted.. 

Well you'll need to kill the tasks that are taking too much CPU. Antivirus, Defender, Windows Updates, .... you know. Malwarebytes.

With a system like that, you can't have all those things running AND have good performance.

If you want to know if your system is clean in terms of background processes running, with all applications closed (chrome, etc), on the desktop, when you are in Task Manager, you shouldn't see a lot of CPU activity. As long as there is significant CPU %, it means you have tasks eating away at your CPU power.

Why is opera consuming 500-600mb at RAM... it shouldnt be that high.. I got League of legends open (this is like the first time my dude... i always had league of legends playing and the browser playing music and other tabs too... never this slow). League is taking up some CPU and all of the Disk Usage...... What am i supposed to do? Close everything..? 

If you want to disable automatic updates, the following should disable windows update and prevent it from starting on its own:

Open Command Line as Administrator (from start menu, type "command", find "Command Line" in the list, right click, Open as Administrator), copy/paste the following commands:

sc config wuauserv start= disabled
sc stop wuauserv

sc config bits start= disabled

sc stop bits

Then close Command Line, go to Task Scheduler, on the left pane, open Task Scheduler Library - Microsoft - Windows - UpdateOrchestrator - Right-click and disable every single line on the right pane.

Why would I want to disable automatic updates.... ? 

Dude, as I said, it got slow after Fall Creator's update, and it's been going slower everyday, especially after yday when i installed a decompiler... 

I'm not closing needed programs to get my stats as low as possible and then sit around and do nothing... I have good performance all of the time, don't know why this sudden change.. 

Just now, iHDCool said:

If you're working with a potato computer, you're either secure and very slow, or fast and less secure. It's your call.

2 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

Dude, as I said, it got slow after Fall Creator's update, and it's been going slower everyday, especially after yday when i installed a decompiler... 

I'm not closing needed programs to get my stats as low as possible and then sit around and do nothing... I have good performance all of the time, don't know why this sudden change.. 

Well then : https://betanews.com/2017/10/20/how-to-rollback-and-uninstall-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

Just now, sambarr said:

If you're working with a potato computer, you're either secure and very slow, or fast and less secure. It's your call.

Mate... I don't think you got any knowledge what so ever... you're just posting random ass stuff from other topics that you may have read. Read what I said again, I always had good peformance, playing league and meanwhile having the browser open with a lot of tabs and music in the background, no sign of slowness what so ever. And I sure as shit ain't closing Mbytes, do you even have an antivirus bro..? 

2 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

Mate... I don't think you got any knowledge what so ever... you're just posting random ass stuff from other topics that you may have read. Read what I said again, I always had good peformance, playing league and meanwhile having the browser open with a lot of tabs and music in the background, no sign of slowness what so ever. And I sure as shit ain't closing Mbytes, do you even have an antivirus bro..? 

As I've told you, go to task manager, in details, sort by cpu usage, find what's taking that much cpu, and deal with it. It's not rocket science, bro.

6 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

Why is opera consuming 500-600mb at RAM... it shouldnt be that high.. I got League of legends open (this is like the first time my dude... i always had league of legends playing and the browser playing music and other tabs too... never this slow). League is taking up some CPU and all of the Disk Usage...... What am i supposed to do? Close everything..? 

Only Opera and League of legos are using CPU/RAM/ Disk Usage. THe others are non significant.

Just now, iHDCool said:

Only Opera and League of legos are using CPU/RAM/ Disk Usage. THe others are non significant.

Okay. Well you're limited in your actions. You could close Opera, or try a different browser, like Chrome. CPU usage might be different.

Just now, sambarr said:

Okay. Well you're limited in your actions. You could close Opera, or try a different browser, like Chrome. CPU usage might be different.

Chrome infected me a lot in the past, I don't really trust it to be honest.  I'll give it a try. Mozilla quantum was slow as shit, Edge even slower. 

Also, if you have the budget eventually, buy an SSD. It's make a huge difference, not just in load times, but in general system responsiveness. I know you're saying it was fast before. I'm just saying. It's the best upgrade you can ever get. Don't take it in a bad way, k.

4 gigs of ram? No wounder it's slow. It's barely enough for just Windows, and then you're trying to run other applications in addition. The OS then has to move so-called "memory pages" from the RAM and over to the HDD to free up some RAM for other things, and then fetch it back to RAM whenever the application it belongs to asks for it. It's basically juggling the memory pages back and forth, which takes a lot of time. You'll either have to get more RAM, switch to a less memory hungry OS, or get more patient.

2 hours ago, Tosa said:

4 gigs of ram? No wounder it's slow. It's barely enough for just Windows, and then you're trying to run other applications in addition. The OS then has to move so-called "memory pages" from the RAM and over to the HDD to free up some RAM for other things, and then fetch it back to RAM whenever the application it belongs to asks for it. It's basically juggling the memory pages back and forth, which takes a lot of time. You'll either have to get more RAM, switch to a less memory hungry OS, or get more patient.

I hear you mate, I'm planning on getting new ram soon as soon as I get some more money cuz the RAM prizes atm are crazy lol... But the thing is, this was like a one time thing, it's quite fast usually, i don't have to wait like more then 10 secs for most things.