Entry level CPU for gaming ?

Hey guys I was hoping to buy a new PC I have about 400$ so I was looking for a new CPU any suggestions ?

Using Tapatalk

$400 for the pc or just the cpu?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Hey guys I was hoping to buy a new PC I have about 400$ so I was looking for a new CPU any suggestions ?

What rig do you have at the moment?! are you asking for $400 CPU and motherboard or just CPU?!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Save up more money

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Wait a little bit longer and build a better PC.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Wait a bit longer. You won´t get a value at all at that price...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Save your pennies. When you have more like twice that, then come back here. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

If that's the highest you can go, get a PS4.

You need almost double that to run anything very well.

For a $400 build I would recommend the AMD Athlon x4 750k.

Its a good cheap quad core that can overclock a bit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113328

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

What rig do you have at the moment?! are you asking for $400 CPU and motherboard or just CPU?!

If you want the entire thing the Austin did a pretty cool one xD

I would suggest saving up a bit more though ;)

OOO very nice :)

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Wrong the 6300 is the best price to performance and it's like $5-10 more than the 41xx and WAY better also tomshardware sucks.

cpu boss sucks.cpubenchmark.net sucks . this doesn`t suck couse the line is pretty self explanatory. from an athlon x4 to an i5 . its legit

i swear ive watched a video of linus saying that the best value for a pc is around the 600-800 mark. I would just keep saving it will be well worth the wait

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Plan your build as a whole and not part by part.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.