4K monitor not scaling properly in some apps

TibblyCat

Hey guys,

Today my Dell XPS 15 (9560) arrived and I was eager to use it. But when I fired up steam on that glorious 4k display, it looked all blurry. Same goes for uPlay and just a lot of applications. I saw some comments on other sites after browsing around about changing my scaling to 100%, but since I use a 15" laptop I don't really want to go smaller than 200%, since it's genuinely hard to read and press the right buttons on anything less. Does anybody have any solutions? 

My specs:

i7-7700HQ

16GB DDR4 2400MHz

GTX 1050

Thanks in advance,

2 minutes ago, TibblyCat said:

Does anybody have any solutions? 

if you aren't going to use the monitor settings properly then I'd suggest glasses.

http://windowsreport.com/fix-google-chrome-scaling-windows-10/

Apparently scaling issues can be fixed by adding launch arguments to a shortcut. No idea if it will work on your apps, this is just verified for chrome. Try fiddling with scale factor by setting it to 1.25 or 1.5. Also please update if this works or if it doesn't. :) 

How does it look if you set the display to 1920*1080 with 100% scaling? This seemed to work on my wife's XPS 15, but we generally run it at the stock 4K 200% setting and connect it to a 27" 4K monitor, very little work is actually done on the 15" screen, she typically just uses it to watch movies while working on the larger display.

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, EVGA Supernova 850W G3, Asus Xonar DGX

Fractal Design Define C TG, Noctua NH-U14S, Asus PG279Q 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz

Are you using the newest build of Windows 10?

Go into the steam folder and right click steam.exe > properties. On the compatibility tab, try ticking "override high DPI scaling behaviour" and change the dropdown box from Application to System Enhanced.

It can be kinda buggy and makes the store page scale at 100%, but the rest of the program looks visibly better on my MacBook pro (running windows obviously) and my 4k desktop 27" monitor.

First of all, thanks for all the quick replies. =)

WolfRamAlpha12's and Tabs' solution both kinda do the same, the community and store page in Steam go to 4k with 100% scaling (so tiny for my 15" screen, yet crisp) and the library page which is the most important to me does get better, but still not fixed. It's visibly less blurry though. SALEEN961's solution just makes everything blurry in Windows, whereas before it was fine in everything but uPlay and Steam and some other applications. 

I forgot to tell you: Games work perfectly after I go into settings and change the resolution to 3820x2160.