Phanteks P400 TG w/ 3 Intake Fans?

Tz000

Hey,

So I have the Phanteks P400 tempered glass case with a full mid ranged AMD build ( 1600, RX 580 etc ) inside.  I have already added 2 extra case fans and I know it really does not "need" anymore but I would like to see if anyone has installed 3 - 120mm fans in the front of this case and if so l would like to see what it looks like if possible? 

This is more for the appearance and help maintain a positive air flow to prevent dust coming in.  I am under the assumption that the lower drive cage / cover would have to be removed hence why I wanted to see what it looked like before ordering a couple more fans to fill the remaining spots.

Any help or links to photos etc is much appreciated.

Thanks!

TZ

Its an awful case for front Airflow. Have a 6700k with a EVGA 280 CLC and it runs much hotter then if it was in my Phaneteks enthoo Pro. Quite an awful case design for the front, so adding more may not be as good. Your 1600 should be fine temp wise, but ading a third fan really wouldnt do much.

56 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Its an awful case for front Airflow. Have a 6700k with a EVGA 280 CLC and it runs much hotter then if it was in my Phaneteks enthoo Pro. Quite an awful case design for the front, so adding more may not be as good. Your 1600 should be fine temp wise, but ading a third fan really wouldnt do much.

Like stated above Iv already got my air flow and temps decent, only adding a fan because I hate the look of an open fan location...  So I was more looking for a photo of a P400 w/ 3 front fans just to see what it would look like.. I know its pointless but its my PC and ill make it look as I want.

I have a Cryorig H5 ultimate and my 1600 @ 3.9ghz 1.376v stays below 70 degrees under load.

Thanks for your input Shimejii much appreciated.

TZ

• 1 month later...

Hey Tz. Are still looking for a pic of three intakes? Or have you already seen it / done it? 

14 hours ago, WISEMAN_39 said:

Hey Tz. Are still looking for a pic of three intakes? Or have you already seen it / done it? 

I've done it in my case, fit a fan under a 240mm AIO in the front - the issue is, you have to take the front bottom dust filter out for the fan to fit under the front shroud. It's up to you whether it's worth it, but I took the fan out.

Locking the thread for now, please open new threads instead of bumping the old ones :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White