Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and 17700k?

deadpaww

So I just bought an i7 7700k recently and it's apparently known to run hot, so I decided to upgrade from a stock cooler to the cooler master hyper 212 evo. My question is, is the cooler good enough for the i7 7700k? Don't intend to overclock but if the cooler is that good, I could end up doing that.

9 minutes ago, deadpaww said:

So I just bought an i7 7700k recently

Whyyyyy, Was it at least cheap...

You should delid it if you want lower thermals.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

43 minutes ago, deadpaww said:

So I just bought an i7 7700k recently and it's apparently known to run hot, so I decided to upgrade from a stock cooler to the cooler master hyper 212 evo. My question is, is the cooler good enough for the i7 7700k? Don't intend to overclock but if the cooler is that good, I could end up doing that.

Does it run hot, run something like HWiNFO play some games let HeavyLoad stress the CPU afterwards.

Anything above 90C° is way too hot when playing games;

Something like 75C°~80C° is decent when stress testing.

When gaming (graphically intense games like GTA V getting around 70C° is also good. No need to worry.)

TL;DR

Every CPU differs slightly, there is no way we can tell you "Yes it is overheating, delid it or get a even better cooler/AIO Watercooler"

If you get temperature readings below 85C° when doing what you do, you are fine and will not damage the CPU.

Just keep in mind that what you are looking for is averages, not the max or peak temp (But that also shouldn't be extremely high.)

Edited by Sfekke
Added more info.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Set manual voltage and you are fine. But using budget cooler on top end CPU is always bit funny.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv