Cisco VPN router pre-login login?

Brownfletching
Go to solution Solved by Brownfletching,
On 11/26/2017 at 12:29 AM, Donut417 said:

That is the router login. Many routers do it this way. Look at the web address presented in the prompt. Its a standard router address 192.168.1.1. You just have to put the user name and password in. You just need the default password. I dont know what it is for that particular router. You might need to check out the manufactures product page for a manual which should have this info. 

It was not, in fact, the router login. It apparently was/is login for a signal booster that is upstream of the router in the network. When I reset the router, it went back to its default IP, which was already being claimed by the signal booster,  so it was conflicting with the router and trying to get me to log in. I got it all to work again after unplugging the signal booster and then setting the router to a different IP.

My internet is handled by a big ranch that I live on in rural Texas. The (very rich) ranch owner paid a lot of money to have fiber optic wired out to the ranch, but my home internet is beamed from the fiber source over an infuriatingly slow (4mb/s) over the air tower. As if that wasn't bad enough, today the Cisco rv042 VPN router went haywire, and I had to factory reset it. I don't have access to the router, but it is not the actual router login that I don't have the password to (see picture). It is some sort of browser-based authentication login, which I don't know what to do with. I've tried every password combination known to mankind to no avail, so my only options now are A) wait up to 2 weeks for the IT guy to come out and fix it, with no internet, or B) find a way around this authentication. The router is reset to default now, so I should be able to log into that no problem, it's just this pre-check. Any ideas?

20171125_185258.jpg

4 hours ago, Brownfletching said:

My internet is handled by a big ranch that I live on in rural Texas. The (very rich) ranch owner paid a lot of money to have fiber optic wired out to the ranch, but my home internet is beamed from the fiber source over an infuriatingly slow (4mb/s) over the air tower. As if that wasn't bad enough, today the Cisco rv042 VPN router went haywire, and I had to factory reset it. I don't have access to the router, but it is not the actual router login that I don't have the password to (see picture). It is some sort of browser-based authentication login, which I don't know what to do with. I've tried every password combination known to mankind to no avail, so my only options now are A) wait up to 2 weeks for the IT guy to come out and fix it, with no internet, or B) find a way around this authentication. The router is reset to default now, so I should be able to log into that no problem, it's just this pre-check. Any ideas?

20171125_185258.jpg

That is the router login. Many routers do it this way. Look at the web address presented in the prompt. Its a standard router address 192.168.1.1. You just have to put the user name and password in. You just need the default password. I dont know what it is for that particular router. You might need to check out the manufactures product page for a manual which should have this info. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Username: admin

Password: admin

If that doesn't work:

Username: cisco

Password: cisco

Should be admin/admin according to CCO documentation :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 11/26/2017 at 12:29 AM, Donut417 said:

It was not, in fact, the router login. It apparently was/is login for a signal booster that is upstream of the router in the network. When I reset the router, it went back to its default IP, which was already being claimed by the signal booster,  so it was conflicting with the router and trying to get me to log in. I got it all to work again after unplugging the signal booster and then setting the router to a different IP.