Acer Pred vs. Asus ROG

Dreaper

So im thinking about getting the high end 1440p, ips, gsync, 165hz monitors. I dont care about the looks of the two but im worried about the panels. I dont know a lot of IPS as i am currently on a TN panel.I have the power to fuel the beast but which one is better built, has a better panel, and where i have more luck to get a good panel. Oh i will be doing gaming and movie watching. if you have any other monitor suggestions please let me know!

They use the same panel, afaik. As do all 1440p 165Hz IPS panels. So pick the cheaper one, the one that looks better, or use a site like random.org to choose

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

They use the same panel, afaik. As do all 1440p 165Hz IPS panels. So pick the cheaper one, the one that looks better, or use a site like random.org to choose

So far from what ive seen the ASUS one has worse luck when it comes to panels, how do i check if its a bad panel when i get it? and ill prob just get which ever is cheapest on cyber monday

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

like random.org to choose

that was not even funny:\

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

that was not even funny:\

Was more to show how little it matters which one he gets. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Was more to show how little it matters which one he gets. 

So at the end its looks? and how do i check if its a bad panel/ips bleed/ how to fix those etc.

7 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

So far from what ive seen the ASUS one has worse luck when it comes to panels, how do i check if its a bad panel when i get it? and ill prob just get which ever is cheapest on cyber monday

To check for backlight bleed, you put the monitor in a dark room, and show a completely black picture fullscreen. The monitor has been out for nearly a year, so issues have probably been resolved .

It actually looks like the PG279Q has a more matte finish than the Acer one. So the Acer one might actually be a bit better?