RX 580 or GTX 1080

2 minutes ago, TnrR said:

Totally misquoted me here..

Firstly, that's literally saying that the 1080 is better; which I go onto say later is.

And secondly, I literally quoted that from someone else.

why is this a arguement lmao the cheapest vega 56 is 550$ and the cheapest gtx 1080 is 499$ thats enough said

1 minute ago, suh)))))))))))) said:

why is this a arguement lmao the cheapest vega 56 is 550$ and the cheapest gtx 1080 is 499$ thats enough said

I wasn't arguing with you on this. I literally agreed with you in my original post. Lol.

Yeah, it also appears that there's a fair amount of similarly priced 1080s (to the 56s even) as well given all of the mining.

How to fit right in to the LTT forum...   1. Look for the appropriate thread  2. Reply: {insert topic here} NO!

....And this my friends is what the world has came to. Be proud of yourselves.

36 minutes ago, silviodsuarez said:

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

It does high settings alright, and he is only talking about using it temporarily.

he said for a few years

Just now, suh)))))))))))) said:

he said for a few years

He said keeping it shorter than the 1080, and using the saved money for an upgrade.

26 minutes ago, suh)))))))))))) said:

he said he wanted high 1440p and the rx 580 already struggles to do that at 60fps on triple A games

The only times the 580 struggles are:

A) Redundant and unnecessary settings are used, such as high AA

B) Piss poor optimization that takes a special kind of dev team to come up with.

As it stands, the only RX 480/580s that will have trouble are the 4GB models, and due to limited VRAM.

No AA, my RX 470 can do 1440p60 just under high settings in just about everything I throw at it. It keeps better minimums than my GTX 1080 while doing so.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Thank you so much for the feedback, Im a bit confused tho lol. 

Just some comments, Ill be using the pc mainly for modeling and rendering with the CPU (the renderer does not support GPU) So basically the GPU is for games I guess, and a little bit of photoshop ans illustrator (if that makes sense).

I dont really care for ultra settings, high is good enough, at 1440 (i buying that monitor in a couple of months)

Like I said my idea was to have a good enough GPU for good AAA games for a couple of years, and then upgrade it. In terms of budget its im allowed up to $500 US. but if I can save some money its better for me. BTW im buying everything in the US so thats the pricing im looking for.

Also here is my build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pQWjtJ

Ill aprecciate comments on it, I think its alright, the only actual doubts that I have is the ongoing conversation on the GPU and the fact that I dont have a CPU cooler (which I think its not that bad, but then again im a noob so maybe it is) 

Thank you :)

1070 (no, that's not a typo)

For your workload and gaming aspirations a 1070 will you perfectly fine and stick between a decent price/performance ratio. A 1080 will do well for gaming and CAD loads, but depending on the application you may see little to no difference in performance of 580/1080. The Ryzen 1700 can handle CAD loads on its own even. But going with something like a 1070 SC and utilizing CUDA you can save yourself about $100-150 and not notice any loss in efficiency compared with the 1080.

As for gaming, don't even sweat it with the 1070  and 1440p

8 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

1070 (no, that's not a typo)

For your workload and gaming aspirations a 1070 will you perfectly fine and stick between a decent price/performance ratio. A 1080 will do well for gaming and CAD loads, but depending on the application you may see little to no difference in performance of 580/1080. The Ryzen 1700 can handle CAD loads on its own even. But going with something like a 1070 SC and utilizing CUDA you can save yourself about $100-150 and not notice any loss in efficiency.

As for gaming, don't even sweat it with the 1070  and 1440p

Yeah after all the comments I got to the conclussion a 1070 would be a good option, or maybe a Vega 56 (I understand that its the AMD version of the 1070)

I think ill go with the 1070 since aparently the vega is more expensive. But i dont know, im not totally convinced of my decisions lol

Just now, silviodsuarez said:

Yeah after all the comments I got to the conclussion a 1070 would be a good option, or maybe a Vega 56 (I understand that its the AMD version of the 1070)

I think ill go with the 1070 since aparently the vega is more expensive. But i dont know, im not totally convinced of my decisions lol

1070 still outperforms Vega 56 by a slight margin, especially in gaming. Vega cards are more pushed towards production and editing, sure, but since your applications don't seem to utilize GPU resources anyway as you said the 1070 is the best option