Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz - reverted to lower value once

jimi23

Hello. My pc: *Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage. Pc was running in fire strike benchmark with monitor on. At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen. And then power went out in house.

When power back i booted pc few times to check if all is ok. But on my maybe 3 boot Windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz, i dont remember which exactly. To revert 144hz back i just turned off monitor and turned back on again, and 144hz appear again.

So maybe that was glitch or something but not related to that power outage? I must worry or not?

yes it revert back to lower than 144hz of its own accord,just once. I just turn off monitor and turn on again, and 144hz appear again.

3 minutes ago, jimi23 said:

yes it revert back to lower than 144hz of its own accord,just once. I just turn off monitor and turn on again, and 144hz appear again.

Did you try just changing it in the your nvidia control panel instead of Turing it off and back on? I have had my 240 hz monitor revert on its own before as well. I would say it's not uncommon as it has also happed with my friend who has a 144hz monitor. Just change it back in the nvidia control panel it should fix it. 

No i dont try changing it in nvidia control panel. I just turned off monitor and turned back on. Thats all. It happen soon after power outage. Not immidiately but soon after outage. It was related to this outage or just windows/driver thing?