HDMI CABLES

N1CKK

Gonna be buying two dual monitors this upcoming Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Any recommended HDMI cables that will help support my two 23 inch ASUS monitors? Do i need to buy two cables or what? idk

Cables do not support monitors, that's what stands are for lol. Yes you will need two of them. Pretty sure any old HDMI cable will do.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, N1CKK said:

Gonna be buying two dual monitors this upcoming Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Any recommended HDMI cables that will help support my two 23 inch ASUS monitors? Do i need to buy two cables or what? idk

You need a cable for each one. Monitors usually come with cables, check what kind of cables your monitors include in the package already.

I also haven't seen a graphics card with dual hdmi outputs, so... they might be display ports, have a look again or correct me if I'm wrong and show me a gpu with dual hdmi outputs :)

Also, note that some video cards only have one HDMI output and multiple DIsplayPort connectors.  You say monitors so just wanted to make a note.

Also, if your monitors are capable of more than 60 Hz, you may want to go with DisplayPort cables anyway. DisplayPort can do 144 Hz and even higher, while HDMI may be more limited, maybe you'll get up to 75 Hz or something like that with HDMI.

The monitors will come with some type of cable, usually whatever is cheaper, so probably HDMI since they're made in such huge amounts.

If you have two monitors and the computer will be by the side of your desk, you may want to keep that in mind and make one of the cables longer. For example, get a 1.8m (6 feet) cable for the monitor closer to your pc (or rely on the one that comes in the box which should be around the same length, they won't bundle super long cables), and a 3m (10 feet) cable for the monitor further away from you, or just buy two 3m cables from the start (unless you hate excessively long cables)

edit: if somehow your monitors only have hdmi and no displayport (some cheap Korean monitors are like that, or some weird old monitors), there are cheap displayport to hdmi adapters, or cables with displayport at one end and hdmi at the other end. No guarantee such adapters will support very high refresh rates though.

6 hours ago, N1CKK said:

Count your monitors, that's how many you need, unless your dealing with 8K.

Anything from MonoPrice, Amazon, etc... Don't fall for HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.0b Cable with 4K HDR support. There is no such thing as a HDMI 2.0 cable. None of the HDMI cable specs have changed since HDMI 1.1.

The same  goes for Displayport cable as well.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon