Can't get 3 displays working with my GPU

NotSoHonestAbe

So recently I added a TV to my room, and the setup I am trying to achieve is 3 displays - 2 monitors using DVI, and one TV with an HDMI input. Unforunately, when I have them all plugged in, I can only use 2 at a time. How do I fix this so all 3 monitors can be active at the same time?

A limit with atleast AMD cards is that a maximum of 2 displays can use what are "legacy" connections. VGA, DVI or HDMI.

Any additional display must be native Displayport or active Displayport adapter. Could that be the case here? Just guessing.

I had this problem a while back and like Zagna said the 3rd one needs to be over displayport.

38 minutes ago, Zagna said:

A limit with atleast AMD cards is that a maximum of 2 displays can use what are "legacy" connections. VGA, DVI or HDMI.

Any additional display must be native Displayport or active Displayport adapter. Could that be the case here? Just guessing.

Okay i have read about this. I have also heard that it may make a difference between passive and active adapters. Just to specify, in order to make it work would I need a passive or an active dvi to Displayport adapter?

2 minutes ago, NotSoHonestAbe said:

Okay i have read about this. I have also heard that it may make a difference between passive and active adapters. Just to specify, in order to make it work would I need a passive or an active dvi to Displayport adapter?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=active_adapters_for_multi_display

On 11/21/2017 at 4:14 PM, Golem_King said:

I had this problem a while back and like Zagna said the 3rd one needs to be over displayport.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:42 PM, Glenwing said:

I did what I needed - right now I have my 3 displays hooked up with 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 1 is a DVI -> Mini Displayport adapter that I got. It is still not working however. All 3 monitors do show up on the display settings page, However again only 2 work at a time. Do I need to fix something in the GPU settings?

Just now, NotSoHonestAbe said:

I did what I needed - right now I have my 3 displays hooked up with 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 1 is a DVI -> Mini Displayport adapter that I got. It is still not working however. All 3 monitors do show up on the display settings page, However again only 2 work at a time. Do I need to fix something in the GPU settings?

Which adapter are you using?

Just now, Glenwing said:

Which adapter are you using?

For my main monitor, I am using a DVI to Mini Displayport adapter.