Wi-fi won't turn on - Ubuntu 17.04

I am having trouble enabling wi-fi in Ubuntu 17.04. Wi-fi does not turn on if I try enabling it from the networking dropdown from the top of the screen, nor by entering networking settings and trying to enable it from there. I have tried to delete all the default drivers (all iwlwifi ucodes) from the firmware folder and install only the driver provided by Intel on their website (iwlwifi-8265-22.ucode) but it did not work. I have also installed Ubuntu 17.10 to see if it would work but to no avail, so I reinstalled Ubuntu 17.04. Can somebody please help me? Thank you. Kernel version: 4.10.

(if relevant) Computer specs: Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBM, i5-7300HQ CPU, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL17 Memory, Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Max-Q GPU, Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD, Intel 8265 wi-fi card, dual-boot with latest Windows 10 Pro version.

what kernel are you on?

if you don't know, open a terminal, and type in: uname -a

it should say something like 4.10.something.... you don't need to post the output of the command, i just want the kernel version.

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

what kernel are you on?

it should say something like 4.10.something.... you don't need to post the output of the command, i just want the kernel version.

Kernel version is 4.10

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

what kernel are you on?

4.10.0-38-generic to be more precise

32 minutes ago, Introvert_Monk said:

I am having trouble enabling wi-fi in Ubuntu 17.04. Wi-fi does not turn on if I try enabling it from the networking dropdown from the top of the screen, nor by entering networking settings and trying to enable it from there. I have tried to delete all the default drivers (all iwlwifi ucodes) from the firmware folder and install only the driver provided by Intel on their website (iwlwifi-8265-22.ucode) but it did not work. I have also installed Ubuntu 17.10 to see if it would work but to no avail, so I reinstalled Ubuntu 17.04. Can somebody please help me? Thank you. Kernel version: 4.10.

(if relevant) Computer specs: Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBM, i5-7300HQ CPU, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL17 Memory, Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Max-Q GPU, Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD, Intel 8265 wi-fi card, dual-boot with latest Windows 10 Pro version.

You could be bitten by the same thing I was, e.g. NetworkManager uses MAC-address randomization and thus breaking things. Try the instructions at https://askubuntu.com/questions/902992/ubuntu-gnome-17-04-wi-fi-not-working-mac-address-keeps-changing/905019#905019

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

8 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You could be bitten by the same thing I was, e.g. NetworkManager uses MAC-address randomization and thus breaking things. Try the instructions at https://askubuntu.com/questions/902992/ubuntu-gnome-17-04-wi-fi-not-working-mac-address-keeps-changing/905019#905019

It did not work. I double-checked the .conf and also restarted and it's still not working.