Kali install hung on "Copying data to disk"

I recently got an old laptop from my parents that they hadn't used in a year or so. It is a Gateway ZA8 that was running Windows 8.1. I downloaded the kali2017.2 iso (the 64 bit one from the downloads page) and used unetbootin to boot the computer into kali. It seemed to work fine that way. Then, when I got home, I made a Bootable usb out of the same iso and began the graphical install of kali linux. Every part of the setup went smoothly, all the way up to the actual install on the 120gb ssd on the laptop. Then, I came back after dinner to find that the install seemed to be frozen. I will include a picture of the screen. The usb led had also stopped blinking, which it had been doing during the earlier parts of the install. I'm not sure if it is just taking a long time or if it's screwed up. It's been this way for about an hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20171120_192019.jpg

20171120_192010.jpg

Actually,some linux variants have blacklisted some Samsung SDDs because of messed up SSD partitions while modifying partitions in that drive.So first check if the SSD you have is not blacklisted.

9 hours ago, The_Grim_Reaper said:

If you're dual booting Windows and linux on a same SSD ,DON'T.

If you're not then just unplug the USB and restart the installation. 

Well I'm single booting linux on my device.. and I was able to get the installation to complete and everything set up last night. Kali was running smoothly, and all I did was run apt-get dist-upgrade and let it update. Then, I bring it to my college library this morning and I get this problem:

It states that I have an unsupported bios, and that there are no compatible ACPI_PSS objects found, then tells me to make sure "cool n quiet" is activated in my bios, or to upgrade it.

I've never had this problem before and I'm didn't see a cool n quiet option in my bios. I'm not sure how to go about upgrading it either. I tried booting kali in recovery mode and that seems to work fine, I just don't know what to do from there.

20171121_074329.jpg

20171121_074415.jpg

20171121_074509.jpg

8 minutes ago, The_Grim_Reaper said:

There ought to be an option to enable cool n quiet in the BIOS.

I enabled something called silent booting or something in the BIOS, I'm pretty sure it is unrelated though.

Just now, SgtBot said:

I enabled something called silent booting or something in the BIOS, I'm pretty sure it is unrelated though.

So the OS is loading fine?

Just now, The_Grim_Reaper said:

So the OS is loading fine?

No, same problem still. I'll scour through all of the options and sub options in the BIOS again.. but I'm not seeing a cool n quiet :/

Leave no stone unturned in the BIOS.There must be an option to enable it.Otherwise bios update will be the only way.

I've done some research and found that the menu appears when you have only one RAM stick attached.So try taking out a stick and going into the bios.

Hmm.. I could take apart the laptop and hope that the ram isn't soldered onto the board, based on some of the error codes it was throwing earlier it had something to do with a fan driver (which is particularly odd, I don't know why that would affect startup.) Here is a link to me messing around with the very limited BIOS and another picture of one of the outcomes I had messing around with it. I could try a fresh install of Kali and refrain from doing a dist-upgrade before trying to reboot. Maybe that would help narrow the problem down a bit as well.

20171121_094637.jpg