Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX - H115i fron mounted

Gaspari

Hi all,

I am in search for a chassis for my new 8700k build and i've been looking into the Evolve Enthoo ATX Tempered glass case in black. I have been searching the internet and watched a lot of youtube clips but i cannot find information regarding the front mounting of a AIO radiator. In my current case (Carbide Air 540 from Corsair) i'm using a H115i 280mm raditor with 2x140mm fans (mounted in top)

So what i want to do is to have 3x120mm fans in the top (without radiator)
One 140mm exhaust fan in the back. 
Put the radiator in the front with a push/pull configuration (sucking air into the case).

Here's the problem i cannot figure out, out of all pictures and videos i've seen they are mounting the 280mm so it will fill the middle and bottom slot. This i do not what i want to do.I want to mount the radiator in the top and middle slot so it looks more symetrical. 

Because when you mount it in the bottom and middle slot you have to remove a piece of the psu-shroud and that to me makes the sleek look go away. 

Can this be done, have someone done it?  

Hope someone can shed a light on this!

The evolv atx has 2 x 140mm in the front or 3 x 120mm. Since you are using 140mm fans, there is no third spot for a fan. You can however mount the rad up higher and leave the psu-shroud piece and hdd cages. The top fan will not mount to the case on your aio by doing this, but 6 screws are still plenty. Here are some pics from other peoples build:

SAIGBom.thumb.jpg.2ef5841a319eae2191b16f884ee4d87c.jpg

However, you won't be able to mount 3 fans up top the normal way. The top of the rad will interfere with the third fan spot.HwMxTOI.thumb.jpg.66410d20d72bfde410d2cce9d8e65f67.jpg

@MkaiL I do not know how i should thank you! This was the most epic answer i've ever gotten on a forum! This makes things so much clearer now! 

Thank you so much! ^_^^_^

5 minutes ago, Gaspari said:

@MkaiL I do not know how i should thank you! This was the most epic answer i've ever gotten on a forum! This makes things so much clearer now! 

Thank you so much! ^_^^_^

Glad I could help. If there's anything else, let me know. Do some research however on airflow with the evolv atx. I have the same case and it's pretty airflow restrictive. I modded my panels to allow for more air, which dropped my temps significantly. You might be ok though since you're going with a push/pull config.