What does "Temporarily out of stock" mean on Amazon?

kristofk

So there is a product that I'd like to order for Christmas, I'm in Europe so the shipping is about a week, 2 at most but the product is Temporarily out of stock.

What does this mean? How long can a product be in this state? Who should I contact, Amazon or the manufacturer?

I apologise if the questions are silly, I'm a newbie to Amazon.

Don't bother putting the order in. You never know when they will restock it because that's all they do when they run out, "Temporary".

It means you can place an order, and whenever they do finally get stock again, they will charge you at that point and ship it.  It could be months later though.  I did it once and had good luck with it (only took about a month and saved like 25% on the thing because their price was better than any other options) but your mileage may vary

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have waited 2 months for product to get back on stock. My understanding is that they don't order new batch from manufacturer/importer unless there's something closer to 10-25 orders. Best things to do are asking about item from seller or finding alternative sellers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wouldn't buy. I also had to wait quite a long time in the past for something "Temporarily out of stock"

Find a new seller or a new product. "Temporary" can mean anything from next second to next millennium. In my experience, "temporarily out of stock", unless it's sold by Amazon, typically sit out there for 2-3 months before being cancelled.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.