Corsair AF/SP or ML

Justin1311

Ok so i am putting the final touches on my new build im going to be doing shortly, the theme is going to be black/red ROG style build i want some kind of fans that i can change the look to red color but not RGB as i dont want RGB i like the look of the Corsair AF/SP fans but the new ML fams have better specs of what i seen and still have slight color modification. my question is what one if better and are they quit as the pc will be on my desk about 2 feet away from my ears. if you have other suggestions please share opinions 

mlfans are quietest and they are red

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

If this is for a radiator use SP 

if this is for a case intake use AF

AF would probably be the quietest fans and move the most air at any given rpm but they lack pressure so they are not good for tight spaces like fins or radiators. Since the pc is on your desk I am assuming it is a small form factor case? If it is you will want decent static pressure to move air through the small case quickly so the ML might be good for that as they are a mix between the two fans.

6 minutes ago, Orochimario said:

mlfans are quietest and they are red

was looking at the non led versions

2 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

If this is for a radiator use SP 

if this is for a case intake use AF

AF would probably be the quietest fans and move the most air at any given rpm but they lack pressure so they are not good for tight spaces like fins or radiators. Since the pc is on your desk I am assuming it is a small form factor case? If it is you will want decent static pressure to move air through the small case quickly so the ML might be good for that as they are a mix between the two fans.

i get when to use AF/SP and its actually going to be a full tower (enthoo luxe)

Just now, Justin1311 said:

i get when to use AF/SP and its actually going to be a full tower (enthoo luxe)

the ML series seems to have better airflow and static pressure to combine both

ML is better. The SP and AF fans don't sound very good anyway. It's not just about the sound pressure level readings but the spectral content of the sound, whether there's a pronounced tonality, or maybe even intermittent noises like clicking and so on.

I own all 3, and the ML's are the best of the 3 in my opinion if you keep the rpm's low enough.  they sound like a jet taking off at higher rpm's.  its not as bad as some other fans I own, but you dont want to run them at high rpm.  at 1000rpm's I would say they are about as close to silent as any fan I have ever heard.  The pump on my AIO is louder than my 2 ML's on my radiator.  They are noticable at around 1300-1400 rpm's but still not too loud.  Probably about the same level as the pump.  somewhere around 1700 or 1800 is where they start to be louder than the rest of the system, loud enough to be annoying.  I have mine hooked up to a corsair commander and keep them in quiet mode and they never go above 1400 or so. 

The AF120's are not as loud as the ML120's but the whining sound they make at high rpm's is much more annoying to me. 

What's your budget and what are your specs? Where are you planning to use the fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's your budget and what are your specs? Where are you planning to use the fans?

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/GNw2HN rough build so far  and 2 in the front 2 on the top mounted radiator in a push style and one in the rear 

18 minutes ago, Justin1311 said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/GNw2HN rough build so far  and 2 in the front 2 on the top mounted radiator in a push style and one in the rear 

For a pair of 1080 Ti's you'll want as much cooling as you can get. AF/120/140's are fine if you don't need a lot of airflow and SP120/140's aren't worth getting if you care at all about noise. Out of the fans mentioned, ML's would be the most appropriate. Why are you looking at Corsair fans in particular? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

For a pair of 1080 Ti's you'll want as much cooling as you can get. AF/120/140's are fine if you don't need a lot of airflow and SP120/140's aren't worth getting if you care at all about noise. Out of the fans mentioned, ML's would be the most appropriate. Why are you looking at Corsair fans in particular? 

want a red/black theme pc and i cant find any other fans that have the option to change the color appearance on them i found a couple but i like the look of the corsairs 

Just now, Justin1311 said:

want a red/black theme pc and i cant find any other fans that have the option to change the color appearance on them i found a couple but i like the look of the corsairs 

If you like the look and don't mind the price, they're a fine choice.

A pair of blower type coolers could also run cooler/quieter at load since heat would be less likely to be trapped in between the cards. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/J8qbt6/asus-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-turbo-video-card-turbo-gtx1080ti-11g

Why get rgb ram instead of red ram if you said that you don't want rgb?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you like the look and don't mind the price, they're a fine choice.

A pair of blower type coolers could also run cooler/quieter at load since heat would be less likely to be trapped in between the cards. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/J8qbt6/asus-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-turbo-video-card-turbo-gtx1080ti-11g

Why get rgb ram instead of red ram if you said that you don't want rgb?

i want some rgb but i dont want to over due it i feel like the fans would over due it