Cisco 9-part training for just $59 USD. Is it any good?

Hey guys and grills,

I found an article on Cisco 9-part networking training program for an apparently "95%", or 98% even on the sales-website, off-price at $59 USD. 

It is an online course offered by iCollege with lifetime access.

The training program is "Ultimate Cisco Certification Super Bundle: Lifetime Access" on XDA-developers website.

It contains : -

1) Cisco 100-105: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 - ICND1 V3

2) Cisco 200-105: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 - ICND2 V3

3) Cisco 210-260: Implementing Cisco Network Security

4) Cisco 200-355: Implementing Cisco Wireless Networking Fundamentals

5) Cisco 210-060: Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices (CICD)

6) Cisco 210-065: Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices (CIVND1 & CIVND2)

7) Cisco 300-101: ROUTE - Implementing Cisco IP Routing

8) Cisco 300-115: SWITCH - Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks

9) Cisco 300-135: TSHOOT - Troubleshooting And Maintaining Cisco IP Networks

The link to original article is - https://www.xda-developers.com/prepare-for-a-lucrative-career-in-network-administration-with-this-9-part-training/amp/

I am planning to get it, is it any good? Any networking gurus out there, have a look at it.

Thank you

Yes, that's pulling you through basics all the way up to CCNP level :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Holy shit that is one hell of a deal. Now I guess how does this work buying from xda? I never knew you could buy it through their site. If its not sketchy Ill pick it up for my self.

don't forget the exams will still cost quiet some money ;).
Also 100-105 and 200-105 you can do with virtual hardware (eve-ng or packettracer etc) but from what I understood from some people who did CCNP, when you want to go to CCNP it is very nice to have some physical hardware around, so expect also some costs in buying this hardware.

I don't even have a CCNA and I already have live hardware being put to good use in my internet connection.

That's really fucking good.

1 hour ago, droidrzrlover said:

I don't even have a CCNA and I already have live hardware being put to good use in my internet connection.

In what capacity though? Just having it set up and forgetting about it means nothing. Labs need to be dynamic, adding random nonsensical bullshit that shouldn't work.

4 hours ago, Levisallanon said:

Also 100-105 and 200-105 you can do with virtual hardware (eve-ng or packettracer etc) but from what I understood from some people who did CCNP, when you want to go to CCNP it is very nice to have some physical hardware around, so expect also some costs in buying this hardware.

Even for CCNA, Packet Tracer isn’t compatible with every command in IOS (I’ve not tried eve-ng). It may also be relevant for CCENT but that’s a pretty easy cert to get, the only challenging thing being access control lists IMO.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 hour ago, Suika said:

Even for CCNA, Packet Tracer isn’t compatible with every command in IOS (I’ve not tried eve-ng). It may also be relevant for CCENT but that’s a pretty easy cert to get, the only challenging thing being access control lists IMO.

eve-ng is compatible with everything. At the moment I'm doing CCNA with eve.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:47 PM, JoeyDM said:

That's really fucking good.

In what capacity though? Just having it set up and forgetting about it means nothing. Labs need to be dynamic, adding random nonsensical bullshit that shouldn't work.

Basically it is set up and forgotten but everyday, I log into the router to make sure I don't forget anything.

I looked at some example videos on iCollege website and to be honest, it doesn't seem that good. The videos I picked out were pictures of a power point slide and a guy who with a really monotone voice reading from a script (or at least it sounded like it).

I also looked at the reviews and on some of them the users had left comments that the quizzes did not work.

Not sure if it's just me being picky with my studying material, but this seems kind of meh.

Edit: I should also add that it seems like it contains everything you might need to take your certs so while the information is there, the presentation might put you off learning anything.

Considering the cost of a subscription like CBT Nuggets and the depth of information covered in the CCNA course (my old study guide book is over 800 large pages packed full of small text and pictures) I would be surprised if a 9 part $60 course will cover what you would really need vs some free 40+ part series available on Youtube. Happy to be proven wrong but I would be sceptical!

• 5 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 2:26 AM, Zaixkingg said:

-snip-

Are you an idiot?

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

2 hours ago, BSpendlove said:

Are you an idiot?

It's a robot but I do love how someone thinks there are CCNA #s like there are CCIE #s

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: