Gigabyte R9 290X Windforce 3X OC card spotted!

AndyCapets

This is a pretty exiting day for us people waiting for non reference 290/290Xs, a non reference has just been spotted! We are not quite sure, but it seems pretty legit says Mr. VideoCardz man, as the launch of these cards is looking to be very soon.

Still no info on the price and availability, but yeah, we're going somewhere now at least, knowing that they're on their way.

Full article: http://videocardz.com/48345/gigabyte-radeon-r9-290x-oc-windforce-3x-450w-cooler-spotted

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

How do I know this isn't a different windforce card like a 280x

The box! 4 GB of 512 Bit bus 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Man i hope these come out soon so I can finally make my choice on which GPU to get.

3570K @4.5GHz | Noctua NH-D14 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 16Gb G.Skill 1600MHz (4x4) | Inno3D 6870X2 | 120Gb Kingston HyperX & 2Tb Seagate Barracuda | Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W | CM Storm Trooper

People like VideoCardz and the orignal site, Hardware.fr, have there sources, to know if it's true or not my friend. But yeah, just look at the box, it might be a fake, but a bloody well made fake.

Photoshop maybe

A pretty good one. But hey, most of these "supposed" cards actually are real.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

A pretty good one. But hey, most of these "supposed" cards actually are real.

a pretty good one? You're not adding a person to a picture, you're changing a number on a box. Infact, I bet you, with the right font, you can do it in MS Paint

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

a pretty good one? You're not adding a person to a picture, you're changing a number on a box. Infact, I bet you, with the right font, you can do it in MS Paint

I mean it looks like a real box Gigabyte would release, I'm not implying the difficulty of the 'shop.

It's the thing with this website. They keep posting random stuff that people blow out of proportion and believe.

We all know that non-reference cards are coming out from these manufacturers.

I can neither confirm or deny that I have non-reference designs in my hand.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

E.G, I can post a topic now "MSI ANNOUNCES TWIN FRZR 290X!!!"

And just photoshop the box, its really easy just to get hits.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

E.G, I can post a topic now "MSI ANNOUNCES TWIN FRZR 290X!!!"

And just photoshop the box, its really easy just to get hits.

You're wrong if you're saying that I did this topic for the views, I just want to keep people informed of what's happening with these non-reference cards.

Why are people always hating in the topics I post lately ? God this forum is turning into a YouTube comment section.

its possibly a photoshop, but the 280x uses the older style windforce cooler.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Until I see these things listed on Newegg, NCIX and other sites, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

16 decibles quieter. Thats all I wanted to hear..

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

120mm fans+rad plox.....

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Gigabyte-Radeon-R9-290X-WindForce-3X-829

Comparing it to this:

8429_m.jpg

You can tell they are different, but a similar 450W cooler.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Gigabyte-Radeon-R9-290X-WindForce-3X-829

Comparing it to this:

8429_m.jpg

You can tell they are different, but a similar 450W cooler.

5BVeHEv.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

although you can't tell that its a 290x, you can tell that it isnt a 280x as the 280x uses the ugly looking windforce cooler not the one in the photo which is the same as the 770,780 etc

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

although you can't tell that its a 290x, you can tell that it isnt a 280x as the 280x uses the ugly looking windforce cooler not the one in the photo which is the same as the 770,780 etc

The old is ugly, but to be honest, the new one is not really better...

The old is ugly, but to be honest, the new one is not really better...

in my opinion the sharp lines and that make it look so much better, the glossy curved plastic looked so cheap in my opinion. Both versions are no acx or dc2 but its definitely an improvement 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed