SuperMicro SuperServer 6028R-TRT

I am a Mac person most of the times but I am not afraid to get my feet wet when it comes to Enterprise Gear. But the only problem is I have never owned one of these before so I am having a problem getting it booted up it says select a Boot Drive but I can't find whatever I need to do in the BIOS page to get this thing to fully boot up so if anybody out there can help me out that would be awesome because like I said this is all new too me

It's a barebones chassis, you'll need to install Linux or Windows on it from a bootable ISO.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Well it came with the X10DRi-T Motherboard and I think all I had to do was install the twin Xeon 2630 v4 processors and the RAM plus in PCIe cards I want but otherwise it came pretty much put together. I am going to be running Windows 12 Server for a bit. But like I said it Boots up and shows the 2 2630 v4's and the RAM in the BIOS but it says that I need to boot into a Boot Drive and I don't know what that is or how to do it.

Just now, Eyndless23 said:

Well it came with the X10DRi-T Motherboard and I think all I had to do was install the twin Xeon 2630 v4 processors and the RAM plus in PCIe cards I want but otherwise it came pretty much put together. I am going to be running Windows 12 Server for a bit. But like I said it Boots up and shows the 2 2630 v4's and the RAM in the BIOS but it says that I need to boot into a Boot Drive and I don't know what that is or how to do it.

Yah, you need to make a bootable USB stick from the Server ISO

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

How am I suppose to install any software when I cant get Booted into the Dashboard?

2 minutes ago, Eyndless23 said:

How am I suppose to install any software when I cant get Booted into the Dashboard?

You make a bootable USB from your current machine using the Windows Server ISO file you download from Microsoft.

You then take the USB and plug it into the machine and it will boot from that USB and using that you install Windows Server.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

And the SuperMicro SuperServer is the only PC I have in the house right now. I am running on the 2013 Mac Pro: 8-Core Xeon 3.0GHz Ivy Bridge processor, 64GB of ECC DDR3 RAM, Dual D700 AMD GPUs, 1TB of PCIe Flash Storage and then I have a 27" iMac and a MacBook Pro so how would I get the software on the USB?

9 minutes ago, Eyndless23 said:

And the SuperMicro SuperServer is the only PC I have in the house right now. I am running on the 2013 Mac Pro: 8-Core Xeon 3.0GHz Ivy Bridge processor, 64GB of ECC DDR3 RAM, Dual D700 AMD GPUs, 1TB of PCIe Flash Storage and then I have a 27" iMac and a MacBook Pro so how would I get the software on the USB?

https://superuser.com/questions/421402/how-to-create-a-bootable-usb-windows-os-using-mac-os-x

No other way of doing it than through the commandline using "dd" it seems. This is why I have virtual machines with Windows (parallels/fusion) on Macs. Be very careful that you select the right disk.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

U mean the Windows version and not the Mac version when you said be very careful that you select the right disk?

38 minutes ago, Eyndless23 said:

U mean the Windows version and not the Mac version when you said be very careful that you select the right disk?

Whut? No Windows involved here. This is still part of the preparation. In order to get a bootable Windows USB using a Mac, you need to select which disk to use. If you accidentally select the wrong one, you'll destroy all data on one of your other disks in your Mac.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro