Official 390 chipset spotted (Support for up to 8 Core CPUs)

4 minutes ago, tsk said:

Nah man, 8 cores aren't coming until Ice lake, that'll be around august 2018.

Touche thats right, was mixing up my mind on coffeelake, canonlake, icelake. Damn it Intel, why do you release 3 architectures and chipsets within 12 months.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

On 15/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, Thinkfreely said:

the chipset will be designed to support 8 core CPUs that Intel will be launching in 2018 to compete against AMD’s Ryzen processors of the same tier.

Ryzen processors of the same tier, which are nowhere near as fast as intel's already existing 6c/12t i7-8700K...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

14 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Ryzen processors of the same tier, which are nowhere near as fast as intel's already existing 6c/12t i7-8700K...

Right but the 1800x still beats it out (In certain tests) and the extra 2 physical cores you can get with the 1700, 1700x for cheaper mean more to some. Not saying for even a performance standpoint, but from actually having 2 more physical cores and 4 threads  you can dedicate to something.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/