Upgrading my friends beast (pc)

gylmir

i made this topic to hear all your opinions and not to discuss what to do and should do, but here is my response to the questions hanging here.

- people before saying overkill psu have you ever tried to connect 36 fans ? do the math for that + all the other things that need to bee running.

- the amount of ram he got is not overkill he takes a ramdisk for most used software, also it have great speeds and made for gaming.

- since upgrading the cpu has not so much a different on impact at this system since we still want to oc it and only if it dies he buy another one. (still any 2011 cpu is a great one)

- and buying a 2nd 290x is not the problem the problem is getting them we have like 4 very big stores here in belgium and they get 1 in and they sell it that day no reservations this one came from germany,

- the system is most of the time used for gaming this will say overkill but hey everybody with a k series cpu and/or oc their cpu is also overkill because no games use all that power.

- all what we want to do is take his not so recent pc and make it fast as possible thats just the point of this whole project make it awesome and this is kinda future proof the next thing will be eyefinity and then a 2nd card will pop up.

This system is future proof it got a fast ssd, uber gpu, decent psu, great cpu and alot of ram the only think he would need to change ever is adding a 2nd gpu or a 3th depends on how many screens and performance needed for the game.

also people some will rage about this because of jalousie i understand this because i don't have this to.

After this build is finished he will have the rights to brag about it.

the 64 gb ram is needed if you want a ramdisk and still have enough ram left. (and thats why the speeds matters to ;))

RAM speed pretty much doesn't matter for a RAM Disk ;)

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

@nkucz for a ramdisk the speed matters for gaming not so much

I was told it doesn't by a computer system analyst but whatever 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Clearly dident research what he was buying , its a mess. but i suppose its your money :P

What you should have done:

Got 32Gb ram instead of 64gb

with the extra cash from saving on ram , got a gtx 780 

then got a cheaper motherboard , like the asus P9X79

go with a bigger case and done a full case watercooled build not a crappy external waterbox

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB