Unable to defrag System disk

Tamaki Oze

Hi, im very new to the community.

I ran into a problem recently, I recently have some problem with booting up my pc, then someday its keep popping up chkdsk on C:// (system disk) while booting.

I let the chkdsk ran and it just keep stuck at 35℅ and reboot. If i skip the check , the system continue to boot normally.

I used Defraggler to defrag every disk in my system (I use 4 HDDs), i defrag every disk but somehow I cant even analyze the system disk (C://)

Then i tried to use cmd command sfc/scannow (i forgot the results) then chkdsk /f /r (scheduled on reboot), the check run for about 2 hours then reboot, then i got another check after that reboot for around 30 seconds then it reboot again, finally I got another check but its only say "Volume is clean"

I turned off my system and havent turned it on since

Is my system HDD failing T.T is there anyway to fix it or at lease maintain it?

Use crystaldiskinfo to see if it is failing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

SMART should tell you if the boot drive has issues. Use software like Aida64 or others to read the SMART information of each hard drive.

Schedule chkdsk to run after restart and fix errors .. note that chkdsk only repairs file system issues (orphaned files, corrupt files due to restarts or crashes while files were written to disk and so on), chkdsk doesn't check if sectors of the hard drive are actually going bad or reallocated.  Either way, in order to defragment, the software needs to have a good view of the file system, where each file is located, so it can't defragment if the file system reports files that aren't there or with file sizes that don't match what's actually on the hard drive so that's why you need to use chkdsk to make sure the file system integrity is good.

Try O&O Defrag as well, Defraggler is OK for a freeware app, but i found O&O Defrag often better (and there's a free version as well, or at least a 30 day full version trial) : https://www.oo-software.com/en/download/current/oodefragpro

Hi its me again, so this is my system disk T.T please tell me what is wrong ? T.T

image.png.6c163c9faaf66fa4643e07096d1f3cc0.png