DS vs new 3ds

Fadednova

Should I get a used DS for cheaper or get a new 3ds XL when I get a little bit more money?

Well considering these are two different generations of game consoles it depends on what games you wanna play. If you want to play 3DS and DS games, get a 3DS. If you only want to play DS games, get a DS.

It's worth noting that all DS games are compatible with the 3DS. Which means the 3DS can run games like Pokemon Black (etc.) that were initially released for the DS. Plus the 3DS is more future proof and an all around more flexible and better device.

If you want the 3DS and don't mind/don't care for the 3D then getting a 2DS or a New 2DS might be a better deal and is the cheaper option.

Take note though only the New 2DS can play New 3DS exclusive titles - there aren't many, just check them out.

Hope this helps :)

P.S. I own a 2DS

1 hour ago, Medicate said:

Well considering these are two different generations of game consoles it depends on what games you wanna play. If you want to play 3DS and DS games, get a 3DS. If you only want to play DS games, get a DS.

1 hour ago, Nytrite said:

It's worth noting that all DS games are compatible with the 3DS. Which means the 3DS can run games like Pokemon Black (etc.) that were initially released for the DS. Plus the 3DS is more future proof and an all around more flexible and better device.

If you want the 3DS and don't mind/don't care for the 3D then getting a 2DS or a New 2DS might be a better deal and is the cheaper option.

Take note though only the New 2DS can play New 3DS exclusive titles - there aren't many, just check them out.

Hope this helps :)

P.S. I own a 2DS

Do you guys think that the new 2DS is compatible with like the poke walker or the pokemon typing adventure because I want to start collecting DS games

Edit: it does work I just need to point it at the cartridge 

10 minutes ago, Fadedboy said:

Do you guys think that the new 2DS is compatible with like the poke walker or the pokemon typing adventure because I want to start collecting DS games

Edit: it does work I just need to point it at the cartridge 

As someone that owns a PokeWalker, I can say that it is compatible. The IR hardware is contained in the cartridge instead of the console.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

8 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

As someone that owns a PokeWalker, I can say that it is compatible. The IR hardware is contained in the cartridge instead of the console.

OK that's cool time to get a New 2DS xl

On 11/13/2017 at 6:47 PM, Fadedboy said:

OK that's cool time to get a New 2DS xl

The only reason to get a Nintendo DS now is for collecting purposes or to play GBA games (but I would personally rather get a GBA SP for that).

As for games with peripherals: usually the cartridge contains the method for working. Like the PokeWalker's IR and the Typing Adventure's Bluetooth keyboard.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/