Where can I buy a Titan X Pascal???

NickB

Where can I even buy a gtx titan x pascal? I can't find it anywhere online.

Just now, Alaradia said:

wait do you want a titan x pascal or a titan XP

The 1000$ one lol

or whichever is newer. Idk the difference.

Just now, SoreRaito said:

Do you want it for Gaming ?

Yes in 4k.

Just now, NickB said:

Yes in 4k.

I think A 1080Ti with a better cooler would do the same or give you even better performance for Gaming.

Just now, SoreRaito said:

I think A 1080Ti with a better cooler would do the same or give you even better performance for Gaming.

Just now, WereCat said:

Then get 1080ti... :/

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

you can only buy them from nvidia's website and they only have a refrence version but if you want a better cooler these after market ones like this https://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/accelero-xtreme-iv-280-x.html

Ok ill just get a 1080ti. Is there anything better than a 1080ti though under 1k? Like a AMD card?

Just now, NickB said:

Ok ill just get a 1080ti. Is there anything better than a 1080ti though under 1k? Like a AMD card?

no

2 minutes ago, NickB said:

Yes in 4k.

Then it's a terrible choice.

1080Ti is way cheaper, and is essentially the same thing. (Sometimes better even, due to aftermarket coolers)

you could even get 1080Ti SLI, which would crush a single Titan XPpPpP

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, NickB said:

no amd cards can hardly catch a 1070

Just now, NickB said:

Nope. 1080Ti is king until Volta comes out (and no, don't wait for volta)

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, Alaradia said:

no amd cards can hardly catch a 1070

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, NickB said:

No the 1080Ti is the best at the moment AMD has nothing compared to it.

Just get a 1080 Ti.

Better for gaming and better for your wallet. It’s almost the same card as a TITAN XP.

As of right now, it’s the top gaming-oriented GPU. There’s a reason the TITAN is no longer branded as a GeForce GPU.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

i would like to make a correction to every one else though the titan xp IS better for gaming and beats the 1080ti most cases but its within a very close percentage for a several 100 dollar difference though price to performance 1080ti beats the shit out of the titan xp

3 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

i would like to make a correction to every one else though the titan xp IS better for gaming and beats the 1080ti most cases but its within a very close percentage for a several 100 dollar difference though price to performance 1080ti beats the shit out of the titan xp

Sorta but the TITAN isn’t primarily gaming-oriented. It’s why it’s only named the NVIDIA TITAN XP, no longer called the GeForce GTX TITAN.

The 1080 Ti is gaming-oriented, hence why it retains the GeForce GTX branding. It’s possible the drivers for it are more oriented towards gaming as well.

Yes, the TITAN is very good for gaming, but you’d be mad to buy it over the 1080 Ti, which is only very marginally slower (and I do mean VERY) and very significantly cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Sorta but the TITAN isn’t primarily gaming-oriented. It’s why it’s only named the NVIDIA TITAN XP, no longer called the GeForce GTX TITAN.

The 1080 Ti is gaming-oriented, hence why it retains the GeForce GTX branding. It’s possible the drivers for it are more oriented towards gaming as well.

it doesn't matter what a brand orients it to if it's still good at what it's not oriented to and no the drivers are the same 

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

It’s not a bad card at all.

But this shift in branding shows that NVIDIA is no longer positioning this as a gaming card. It can still do gaming very well, but that’s no longer the TITAN’s market focus. 

Can you still game on it? Yes. Very well in fact. Is it worth it though? Nope, not when the 1080 Ti is super close to it for heaps less. Also, good point on the drivers. I was under the impression that since the rebranding, they’d be slightly different.

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It’s not a bad card at all.

But this shift in branding shows that NVIDIA is no longer positioning this as a gaming card. It can still do gaming very well, but that’s no longer the TITAN’s market focus. 

Can you still game on it? Yes. Very well in fact. Is it worth it though? Nope, not when the 1080 Ti is super close to it for heaps less. Also, good point on the drivers. I was under the impression that since the rebranding, they’d be slightly different.

the shift in branding doesn't matter the price does if they said it wasn't a gaming card and it cost 400 bucks every one would buy it and tell nvidia to shut the fuck up also older titans that were branded for gaming as well were around the same price so it's not really a valid argument. though as stated before i'm not recommending the titan xp just pointing out that it gets better performance at gaming not much but still better.  so he could be informed of all the information before buying 

Just now, Alaradia said:

the shift in branding doesn't matter the price does if they said it wasn't a gaming card and it cost 400 bucks every one would buy it and tell nvidia to shut the fuck up also older titans that were branded for gaming as well were around the same price so it's not really a valid argument. though as stated before i'm not recommending the titan xp just pointing out that it gets better performance at gaming not much but still better.  so he could be informed of all the information before buying 

TBH, ever since the 780 Ti/980 Ti/1080 Ti were a thing, the TITAN GPUs were sorta made irrelevant in a bang-for-buck perspective.

People still buy them, namely those who want the very best or those who need the best GPU for compute tasks or hardware-accelerated heavy tasks.