Need help quick

Mekaspekas

I was testing some used parts i was going to sell on my pc after i finished i conected everything back together and monitor sais going to power save mode what do i do?

plug something in quickly before the monitor explodes :o:o

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

plug something in quickly before the monitor explodes :o:o

No no no no,

This is the worst advice! He needs to plug in the power to the hard drive first, then plug the HDMI cable to the NIC, then, and only then will anything happen.

Jeez, the quality of knowledge around here has really gone downhill xD

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

No no no no,

This is the worst advice! He needs to plug in the power to the hard drive first, then plug the HDMI cable to the NIC, then, and only then will anything happen.

Jeez, the quality of knowledge around here has really gone downhill xD

but then the ram will be at risk of burning down :o:o

16 minutes ago, Mekaspekas said:

I was testing some used parts i was going to sell on my pc after i finished i conected everything back together and monitor sais going to power save mode what do i do?

Context is not clear enough. What did you exactly do and what are the exact symptoms you're experiencing right now? Monitors going to power saving mode can mean a number of things. 

• Monitor is not set to the correct input. (Some don't automatically detect and switch to active ones)
  • You never plugged the monitor back to the right output
  • etc

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

but than the ram will be at risk of burning down :o:o

Oh crap! You are totally right, my bad! I forgot about the overvoltage issue to the RAM, well nothing an All in one water cooling solution wouldn't fix. 

Also be certain to route that through the power supply to keep it cool during the testing process with Windows 11

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

but then the ram will be at risk of burning down :o:o

One troll comment is good enough before you really start confusing him.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

One troll comment is good enough before you really start confusing him.

sry I'm confused my self 

16 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

sry I'm confused my self 

Thx u rly helped

Just now, Mekaspekas said:

Thx u rly helped

np

19 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Context is not clear enough. What did you exactly do and what are the exact symptoms you're experiencing right now? Monitors going to power saving mode can mean a number of things. 

• Monitor is not set to the correct input. (Some don't automatically detect and switch to active ones)
  • You never plugged the monitor back to the right output
  • etc

Again i was testing used parts that means i was taking the new ones out and puting the old ones in after mixing it around a few times it worked everytime when i was finished i put all the new parts back in, and turned the pc on, everything looked fine all the fans were working the hard drive as well then the gpu fans turned off and on the monitor after all the logos it said going into power save mode and thats it, i even tried to put it in through vga into the.mother board still the same

5 hours ago, Mekaspekas said:

Again i was testing used parts that means i was taking the new ones out and puting the old ones in after mixing it around a few times it worked everytime when i was finished i put all the new parts back in, and turned the pc on, everything looked fine all the fans were working the hard drive as well then the gpu fans turned off and on the monitor after all the logos it said going into power save mode and thats it, i even tried to put it in through vga into the.mother board still the same

Now see, that's the post you should have posted to begin with, it's clear and concise.

As usual, start with the basics:

Pull power to everything but the motherboard and 1 stick of RAM.

Pull out discrete video card, use the built-in one

Add mouse, keyboard and reset BIOS (usually a jumper switch on the motherboard itself)

Now, power it up, see what you get.

If it works, then plug in one thing at a time, and test.

If it doesn't, then pull the 'board from the case, set on a book and try again.

If it still doesn't work, then you fried something.