RGB RAM

I'm upgrading my system this Christmas to the Ryzen 5 1600 which I've bought already but need DDR4 RAM and I'd like to get some an RGB Kit. Amazon UK sees to be completely out of stock of the G.Skill Trident Z RGB kits and I've found them no cheaper than £195 elsewhere. Corsair's Vengence RGB kit is about £25 cheaper. Should I just go for the Vengence RGB? Does it look as good in a system bearing in mind I'm Air-Cooling with the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition in Black and White inside a White case.

Trident Z RGB - https://www.alza.co.uk/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-16gb-kit-ddr4-d4948815.htm?utm_source=pricespy_UK&utm_medium=product

Vengence RGB - https://www.alza.co.uk/corsair-16gb-kit-ddr4-3000mhz-c15-vengeance-rgb-series-d5076532.htm#fotovideo

Edited by Inversion
Forgot to add links

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Personally I whould just get normal ram...

But if I wanted igb ram I whould have gotten the trident z. It has individualy addressable LEDs so you can do cool effects and shit

17 minutes ago, Inversion said:

I'm upgrading my system this Christmas to the Ryzen 5 1600 which I've bought already but need DDR4 RAM and I'd like to get some an RGB Kit. Amazon UK sees to be completely out of stock of the G.Skill Trident Z RGB kits and I've found them no cheaper than £195 elsewhere. Corsair's Vengence RGB kit is about £25 cheaper. Should I just go for the Vengence RGB? Does it look as good in a system bearing in mind I'm Air-Cooling with the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition in Black and White inside a White case.

Trident Z RGB - https://www.alza.co.uk/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-16gb-kit-ddr4-d4948815.htm?utm_source=pricespy_UK&utm_medium=product

Vengence RGB - https://www.alza.co.uk/corsair-16gb-kit-ddr4-3000mhz-c15-vengeance-rgb-series-d5076532.htm#fotovideo

Personally I'd get the G.Skill, if you're getting RGB get the better one

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

I just pulled the trigger on some TridentZ RGB last night. I've been a G.Skill user for over a decade, and their stuff just works. 

In the two links you provided, you've shown two different speeds of RAM, so that could be part of your large price jump. Amazon.co.uk has the Corsair 3200 CL16 at 260£ where the TridentZ 3200 CL16 is 220£. Granted, I don't know any other UK sites, but if you can find matching speeds to compare prices with, I'd definitely go with the G.skill.

4 hours ago, csanders said:

I just pulled the trigger on some TridentZ RGB last night. I've been a G.Skill user for over a decade, and their stuff just works. 

In the two links you provided, you've shown two different speeds of RAM, so that could be part of your large price jump. Amazon.co.uk has the Corsair 3200 CL16 at 260£ where the TridentZ 3200 CL16 is 220£. Granted, I don't know any other UK sites, but if you can find matching speeds to compare prices with, I'd definitely go with the G.skill.

I'd just gone with the cheapest kist I could find. I don't wanna go lower then 3000MHz but I'll not say no to 3200 if it's cheaper. I really wanna pay less than £200 but get on the RGB bandwagon with a good kit. Will admit I really like the G.Skill stuff but I hate RAM pricing right now.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||