Google Glass

izaakski

Whats you opinion on Google Glass. Do you see it as something that would be useful or just another gimmick.

For people who dont know this is a video made by the verge on google glass and thier experience with it.

Its going to be amazing, and i cant wit to get my hands on it lol.

System: AMD Phenom II 965 BE, 8GB Mushkin Sliverline, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, Fractal Designs Core 1000, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair TX750W, Zalman CNPS5X (awful cooler), and a GTx 560 1GB.

Curious about HUDS in general. On the one hand it could be really cool. having augmented reality that can pull data off the internet (I'm guessing through your phone). However, I also see some major conceptual problems that need to be solved first.

1) Privacy. I already saw numerous articles of people overacting to glass and banning it since it can record even more discretely then a smartphone.

2) Its major distraction. We saw this with smartphones and driving. Smartphones Could have been really beneficial to driving like gps, turn by turn nav, suggested destinations. but glass just like smartphones will have other "non driving" functions that people WILL use and endangering people. and since glass is in your face all the time, it will even worse than phones.

Personally, I will think anyone I see wearing a Google Glass unit is a huge tool.

Once Google Glass comes in Contact Lens form factor I will be excite.

Personally, I will think anyone I see wearing a Google Glass unit is a huge tool.

Once Google Glass comes in Contact Lens form factor I will be excite.

The same could've been said for bluetooth hands free devices, it could become a norm and people will deal with it

• 3 weeks later...

Doubt this will catch on, but i hope it does cause its awesome but when you wear them you do look a bit of an idiot