Star wars battlefront BS minimum requirements

The new SWBF2 is almost released, but I was looking at the origin page and looked at the minimum requirements and when I looked at processor the first thing I thought was "No way, Bull***t". Does anyone know why they thought you need a 6600K for SWBF2 atleast??

image.thumb.png.95fbe1a7469729471c6405fb95babb5c.png

I ran the beta just fine with my i5 6500. Also, the BF1 requirements also need a 6600k

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Because it's un-optimized trash that thrashes CPUs?  Could be just the beta, but if that's the full release, then welp, wonder if EA got kickbacks from Intel for forcing people on paper to dump their still 'gaming-capable' Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Broadwell i5s and i7s.

In what world does the 6350 match the 6600, and 8350 match the 6700? 

Did they get the intern to write them? "These things have 8 threads and run at 4,4 GHz, that means they are equal"

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

In what world does the 6350 match the 6600, and 8350 match the 6700? 

Did they get the intern to write them? "These things have 8 threads and run at 4,4 GHz, that means they are equal"

It might not be the performance part that matters so much as just wanting a cpu that can juggle lots of threads. The i5 probably incurs some sort of performance hit from an excessive number of threads that is lessened on the FX. These games are designed with 8 core (small core) CPUs in mind.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I think they just write dow the specs of the lowest end pc they tested it on - perhaps they just had an FX6350 and a 6600k lying around and used those. Don't trust minimum specs, look for benchmarks.

6 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

wonder if EA got kickbacks from Intel for forcing people on paper to dump their still 'gaming-capable' Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Broadwell i5s and i7s.

I don't think intel has any interest in having the 6600k compared to the FX6350 as an equivalent cpu.

@Lennart van de Merwe honestly this is not the worst thing about battlefront 2 by a long shot. I would stay away from it unless you enjoy paying 60$ for entry in a pay to win game with randomized microtransactions (which are basically unregulated gambling in disguise).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I don't think intel has any interest in having the 6600k compared to the FX6350 as an equivalent cpu.

I didn't suggest that.  What I was implying was that for people using older intel dual/quad cores they may think by reading that and looking at their system that they have to run out and upgrade their CPU setup to Kaby/Coffee Lake to maintain decent game performance (I'm still gaming strong on an i5 2500k with decent overclock).  Make it look like they're not buying CPUs soon enough and go splash some cash intel's way.

The idea of comparing the FX6350 to a 6600k doesn't really promote or make money for Intel or AMD so why would I suggest EA got kickbacks for doing that?  It almost just looks like EA is throwing a bone to people who picked a dead-end platform.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

I think they just write dow the specs of the lowest end pc they tested it on - perhaps they just had an FX6350 and a 6600k lying around and used those. Don't trust minimum specs, look for benchmarks.

@Lennart van de Merwe honestly this is not the worst thing about battlefront 2 by a long shot. I would stay away from it unless you enjoy paying 60$ for entry in a pay to win game with randomized microtransactions (which are basically unregulated gambling in disguise).

Yeah, I think it's better to wait for when it would be available in EA Access, as I remember first Battlefront appeared there after like 6 months

2 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Because it's un-optimized trash that thrashes CPUs?  Could be just the beta, but if that's the full release, then welp, wonder if EA got kickbacks from Intel for forcing people on paper to dump their still 'gaming-capable' Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Broadwell i5s and i7s.

It's actually not, it has good optimization (the beta on my laptop -i7 6700HQ, 960m 2gb, 16 gb ram- ran with 1080p low @ 70 fps and with a minimum of 56 fps while the CPU usage only being around 45%.

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Lol I got the pre-order and I bought the first EA battlefront new + season pass and a year later again. I am a Star Wars battlefront fanboy and you won't be stopping me. Plus I'm not an idiot M8. It ain't pay to win, because like the first EA BF they were really nerfing OP sh*t, and also a skin, emote or voice line doesn't make you win...

1 hour ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

Lol I got the pre-order and I bought the first EA battlefront new + season pass and a year later again. I am a Star Wars battlefront fanboy and you won't be stopping me. Plus I'm not an idiot M8. It ain't pay to win, because like the first EA BF they were really nerfing OP sh*t, and also a skin, emote or voice line doesn't make you win...

I'm pretty sure battlefront 2 "loot" also contains things that affect your character's power, and while you can grind for them (hoping you don't get unlucky) it is undenyable that early on only those who pay extra will have access to that gear. You can buy whatever you want of course, just be warned and know that you'll be endorsing anti-consumer practices.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On ‎10‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 9:10 PM, Sauron said:

I'm pretty sure battlefront 2 "loot" also contains things that affect your character's power, and while you can grind for them (hoping you don't get unlucky) it is undenyable that early on only those who pay extra will have access to that gear. You can buy whatever you want of course, just be warned and know that you'll be endorsing anti-consumer practices.

EA is gonna nerf the sh*t out of game breaking things, just like they did with the 2015 version + a try hard like me who knows SWBF mechanics and core gameplay won't have a lot of problems with guys with better loot who are noobs.

Beta ran perfect on my System.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The beta was fine on my 2600k @ 4.6 Ghz. I'm guessing it would be OK on a highly overclocked 2500k, as well.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I ran the beta with my 3570k and it didn't bottleneck my 1080 in the slightest (at 1440p).  Only thing was running DX12 introduced a lot of stutter. 

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers