Laptop HDD to a new SSHD

As it is written in the title and I'll elaborate on it. So I have a 500Gb hard drive and its not like its not enough for my laptop although its pretty darn slow doesn't obviously have the speed of a ssd however since sshd's have a super mass storage with a 8 gigabytes of ssd for cache to accelerate the mass drive it'll help me I guess, Should I get a larger mass drive of 1TB I don't mind buying a 500gb one but I feel that my laptop will be staying by my side for another 2-3 years at least.

http://www.ebuyer.com/480284-seagate-1tb-sshd-ideal-ps4-upgrade-st1000lm014

Planning on getting this.

Also my current drive runs very toasty  as in 50'c in proper operation and sometimes idle.

Thanks Kingsley. Please leave any suggestions underneath I really do appreciate it.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I hate laptop hdds they are just slow and hot! haha but anyways i heared the sshd is supposed to be pretty darn goog especially if you dont want an extra ssd for cashing or dont have the space! I would definetely give it a go! Though I personally would probably by a 250 gb ssd for my laptop and just store huge data on an external drive...

SSHD's are good for loading the OS (and other things you open regularly). But for everything else, you get HDD speeds. Or so i've heared, this is what i was told when deciding whether to get a 240gb ssd or a 1tb sshd.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

What laptop do you have? Maybe you can use a mpcie ssd or replace your optical drive with a hdd caddy. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.