Is this a bad graphics card?

NewHoland06

Nope, your i7's iGPU is better than this card. If you want a better GPU, spend $100-140 to get a GTX 1050 (Ti) or if you can't do that, get a used 750 Ti ;)

Edited by PCGuy_5960

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, NewHoland06 said:

No, you might be able to find an old part on craigslist, or you could combine Christmas and your Birthday and get a 1050ti.

If at first you don't succeed...

Call it version 1.0

Spoiler

Main Rig

CPU: Intel i5 6600k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED

MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb (2x4gb)

GPU:

Storage: Seagate 500GB

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

If for some reason you cannot afford a new 1050 or 1050ti at the very least you might want to try to look into a used card instead but generally stay away from GPUs that are brand new and under 100 bucks their performance is fairly terrible and mostly not playable unless you have really low settings that look pretty bad.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, NewHoland06 said:

Well, you could get a 7970 or 7850 if you find them very cheap like me. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R5-220-vs-Radeon-HD-7970 http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R5-220-vs-Radeon-HD-7850 . I waited for my second Christmas (In my country there is an event very similar to christmas in January, so in a nutshell 2nd xmas) and got 70 dollars and since not everyone ships over here I found an ASUS 7850 and quickly bought it. My CPU bottlenecks the CPU I think, but I moved from 360p/480p low on games to 900p ultra is a HUGE jump. Tho if you are in the US you could buy a 750 Ti for cheap. BTW happy gaming and upgrading.

The minimums should be AMD RX 550 or higher on AMD's side,  or nVidia GTX 1050 or GTX 1050ti on nVidia's side.

Used, you may find AMD RX 460 cheap and good enough, or maybe R9 380 (i see some on eBay for around $100). Or, on nVidia's side ... look for GTX 970 , GTX 960, GTX 950 ,, should be still decent framerate.

39 minutes ago, NewHoland06 said:

Ok, thanks.

Most people on this forum only know about new hardware, however 50$ can actually get you farther than you’d imagine if you know what you’re looking for, and are patient looking for deals on ebay. Youtubers like randomgaminginhd and socketsanctuary can be very helpful with searching.

You might be able to score a 7950 or GTX 770 for $50-ish and you'd at least be in the ballpark of fair performance at 1080p.

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD //