whats the worst GPU you have ever used?

So not necesairely in terms of raw performance, if that was the case then id say my FX5500, but rather in terms of just shitness. Shitty performance for your money, crap cooler, didnt live up to expectations, whatever!

il start out with mine:

For me its probably the R7 M350 in my school laptop. this is a GPU that performs worse then a GTX 660M, and the 660 is definatly enough for low or medium settings 1080p for a lot of games but the 660M is a total pice of crap. the 660 dekstop card has a nice 960 cudacores and a 1033MHz boost from NVIDIAs door, the 660M has about 600 less cudacores, drops the core frequency by 200MHz and half the memory bandwidth... yah and this M350 i have? performs on par or WORSE than this pice of absolute garbage NVIDIA put out ages ago. good job RTG, well played, you made an absolute turd that draws an unspecified amount of power... AMD refuses to hand out a TDP and no testing of this has been done from what i know, probably more then the 50W the 660M draws though lol. I would probably have been just fine with this card if it wasent for the fact that its a laptop with a 1080p screen and was hyped up to us students as something capable of playing games at native, every other year has a ~720p screen and roughly as powerfull or better(im unsure what the first years actiually have, would guess something like a 940M or pascal performance equivlent -_-)

anyway id love to hear your stories about this and your motivations as to why its the worst graphics card you have ever used! xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Intel HD graphics, playing ETS2 at 30fps w/med settings 1080p. It wasnt a good experience, but tweaking some settings fitted my needs for a "decent" enough gaming experience in this scenario. TF2 was also another game that ran smoothly on intel HD graphics as well, everything at the highest possible settings at 1080p. I also play the occasional minesweaper, spider solitare and the classical pin ball game in my dads old pentium 4 machine with windows XP.

Excluding intel HD crap, my worst is the GTX 275. Once a high end card, I got it 2 years ago so the fact that it doesnt support DX11 makes it terrible for me. It's good for CS:GO and the most demanding game I played with it is Bioshock Infinite. Not a pleasant experience though as the 896MB VRAM limits the settings heavily.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Can't say I've ever had a truly bad dedicated GPU. I bought a GT 710 to hold me over when I had to sell my card to pay rent and I was pleasantly surprised. For the price I expected it to barely work.

Mobile/integrated graphics are another story, the ATI Mobility Radeon - 64 MB in my first Compaq laptop definitely the worst. It struggled to play video, I didn't even bother trying to play actual games on it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Intel HD Graphics 5000 CSGO 640X800 lowest settings possible (not editing text file or using mods, justi n the settings)  New dust 2 avereaging maybe 20 fps....

1 minute ago, TheBeastPC said:

Intel HD graphics, playing ETS2 at 30fps w/med settings 1080p. It wasnt a good experience, but tweaking some settings fitted my needs for a "decent" enough gaming experience in this scenario. TF2 was also another game that ran smoothly on intel HD graphics as well, everything at the highest possible settings at 1080p. I also play the occasional minesweaper, spider solitare and the classical pin ball game in my dads old pentium 4 machine with windows XP.

have never been stuck using intergrated beyond my first gen Atom laptop which i didint expect to do much, and some troubleshooting. 

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Does integrated graphics count? Because, as of right now iGPUs suck. AMD might be changing that though hopefully.

if its the worst experience with a graphical processor then yah xD 

Just now, Jurrunio said:

Excluding intel HD crap, my worst is the GTX 275. Once a high end card, I got it 2 years ago so the fact that it doesnt support DX11 makes it terrible for me. It's good for CS:GO and the most demanding game I played with it is Bioshock Infinite. Not a pleasant experience though as the 896MB VRAM limits the settings heavily.

damn that sucks, time to save up for a 660 or something :P 

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Can't say I've ever had a truly bad dedicated GPU. I bought a GT 710 to hold me over when I had to sell my card to pay rent and I was pleasantly surprised. For the price I expected it to barely work.

Mobile/integrated graphics are another story, the ATI Mobility Radeon - 64 MB in my first Compaq laptop definitely the worst.

64mb? thats less then my FX5500 and thats from 2005 :( 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Does integrated graphics count? Because, as of right now iGPUs suck. AMD might be changing that though hopefully.

With the new ryzen mobile processors which feature vega based graphics, this is definitely an improvement over their older FX APUs and the inte HD graphics. Even with now AMD implementing their own dGPU within the intel CPU, this will give intel a chance in the integrated GPU spectrum, and the good thing is, intel will buy the chips from AMD, boosting the market share for AMD, and I am assuming that the dGPU will have vega based graphics implemented onto the same die.

nvidia evga 9800gx2.  Cooked itself, used to idle at 80 degress... worst card ever bought

Just now, RedSector said:

nvidia evga 9800gx2.  Cooked itself, used to idle at 80 degress... worst card ever bought

do you still have it? i want one so bad... the x2 cards are crazy and amazing!

Builds:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if its the worst experience with a graphical processor then yah xD 

Right then my worst iGPU was on my old mid 2010 13" MacBook Pro. 

Which technically wasn't an iGPU but like some kind of weirdass old way of doing integrated graphics.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

13 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

64 MB in my first Compaq laptop definitely the worst

My dads pentium 4 machine has 128MB on the iGPU.

Just now, RedSector said:

No sorry man. It actually cracked one of the GPU's in the end.  

damn that sucks, well il probably pick up one of ebay :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

Even the older 3DFX VooDoo II GPUs in SLI performed good for its time, especially in older bechmarks/games, until they got bought by Nvidia.

3 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Even the older 3DFX VooDoo II GPUs in SLI performed good for its time, especially in older bechmarks/games, until they got bought by Nvidia.

SLI didnt work at all in a lot of titles, but using Slide they performed admirably like Linus showed. pretty sad that there are only two graphics vendors now

*edit*

well, Matrox and Intel are sortof around, but neither are really a choice for gamers and Intel borrowed most of that tech from NVIDIA

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I think it was like a GT 6400 in a Power Mac G5.  That thing was on acid half the time.

had a 6600 GT in the first computer i used, it was so shit paired with that P4 that towards the end of the time we had it i was literally screaming at the computer dailly, its kind of what pushed me to learn computers because i wanted to fix it :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

The biggest regret I have of a hardware purchase was an XFX R7 240 core edition. I had been out of purchasing hardware since about 2004 and should have done more research, but I needed a decent card for my girlfriend's PC for under $100 that wouldn't require a power supply upgrade, and that's what my local CompUSA had. I also didn't want to wait, which was a huge mistake.

The thing was terrible. It was a low profile card, so the fan on the cooler was a little 30mm thing that got very loud under any sort of load. As far as performance, even gaming at 720p low settings was a challenge. It did generally alright in WoW and other older games, which is what she needed it for at the time, but it became a huge bottleneck once she started trying to play more recent games.

Linus was right in his cheap video card rant, I'd have been better off waiting another paycheck and buying a GTX 750 Ti or R7 260X.

Intel HD 400 

Cant even play CS:GO with it at a custom res of 900x500 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

29 minutes ago, Native7i said:

GT 610 man it looks promising but, it sucks

the GT 610 dosent look promising in the slightest... it has 48 cuda cores and most are even passively cooled :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

Probably it was with Radeon M on my old Toshiba Sattelite. I had lots of artifacts in different games, like shadow bugs, texture artifacts, problems with GUI in games. And drivers were from Toshiba, they stopped to provide them after 2 years that I used this GPU. Awful experience

This puppy right here, the PNY GeForce GTS 250

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133265

Wasn't the oldest card I've had by a long shot but it's definitely the worst. Seriously.... who makes a blower style card and opts to have it vent right back into the case?!

Well.. I didn't know any better at the time. 

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB