The iPhone X scored 97 on DxO Mark calls it "the top performer for stills", just a point lower than the Google Pixel 2

13 hours ago, ashypanda said:

these DxO mark scores are becoming as useless as geekbench scores, sure at first it was a nice to see a number given to how good something is, but now it's just a pissing contest, and seeing as DxO changed their measuring procedure every device needs retesting otherwise the score doesn't matter.

Honestly, it's always been this way. DxO is the place where photographers with D800s and 5DSRs and A7RIIs go to measure their dick sizes. It's just because Google decided to talk about it last year with the Pixel that everyone now all of a sudden cares what DxO has to say about smartphone cameras. It's pretty meaningless when everything is separated by 1 or 2 points and if people come up to you and say that they can tell which phone took which photo, they're probably lying to you or have no idea what they're talking about.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I highly doubt they would do that for a variety of reasons.  I might even go so far as to say I'd be more surprised to see a DSLR from them than a car

If they did, their cameras would probably be like Lytro cameras except they'll actually be a massive sales success because its apple, and then they'll kill it because they realized it was a terrible idea.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

6 hours ago, kting15 said:

Honestly, it's always been this way. DxO is the place where photographers with D800s and 5DSRs and A7RIIs go to measure their dick sizes. It's just because Google decided to talk about it last year with the Pixel that everyone now all of a sudden cares what DxO has to say about smartphone cameras. It's pretty meaningless when everything is separated by 1 or 2 points and if people come up to you and say that they can tell which phone took which photo, they're probably lying to you or have no idea what they're talking about.

i get that, as i've used DxO in the past when i bought my last body, but photographers don't really buy on a DxO mark score, they buy on which lens system they've bought in to, but their testing procedure for DSLRs has been the same for yonks, as there'd be an almighty uproar from photographers if they did, but with phones it's just accepted, but it invalidates all previous results, and loses all credibility as a metric of performance.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB