Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 5 VS Asus Prime Z270-AR

Go to solution Solved by just_dave,
40 minutes ago, G4Frost said:

I know but if I go with a 8600k instead what would be the better option as I still haven't decided between that or a 7700k

Both Prime As are pretty good. For Z370, I'd try to stretch for ASRock Z370 K6 cause its pretty damn good

I am stuck deciding between these 2 MBs so was looking for some guidance on what is the better of the 2

What I am after:

Needs to be SLI as I am running a 1080 G1 at the moment but will probably go to sli in a couple of years time

I am going to be using a 7700k and overclocking it so it will need to have good overclocking support

going to be running Corsair Vengence LED 3000MHz (CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R) so handling super fast ram won't be a necessity

Any input or recommendations would be really helpful

I've had a lot of good experience with Acer, and use their motherboards A LOT. Don't have much experience with SLI, but I would go with Asus if I were you.

What will you do with the PC? For gaming, the 8400 or 8600K will outperform the 7700K, and for production, you'll want Ryzen or an 8700/K

:)

I used the Z270X Gaming 5 before blowing up the board on my own fault, It was a decent board but it was my own fault that killed it. I prefer Asus's BIOS over Gigabyte due to their ease of use. It's just more layed out rather than basic info with gigabyte. If you can, I'd much rather just get a high-end Z170 board rather than medium-high end range Z270 boards. Their all exactly the same as Z170 and Z270 is basically a refresh, higher end boards provide better overclocking options and a much better phase/cooling solution. 

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

What will you do with the PC? For gaming, the 8400 or 8600K will outperform the 7700K, and for production, you'll want Ryzen or an 8700/K

What board would you pair with the 8600k then that meets those same specifications and also is that ram still ok?

27 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Gaming 5 is garbage, i'll have to update the picture

So everything but the Gaming 5 is ok?

9 minutes ago, G4Frost said:

So everything but the Gaming 5 is ok?

Not sure on Z270, but the Prime Z270-AR is a good board

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

10 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Any thoughts on the difference between a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming and a Asus Prime Z370-A as they both seem to be the same feature wise and are the very top of my price range

14 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Although I guess the Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming is only 20-30 more

28 minutes ago, G4Frost said:

Although I guess the Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming is only 20-30 more

?????

You want Z270 or Z370? They are not backwards compatible.

Just now, dave_k said:

?????

You want Z270 or Z370? They are not backwards compatible.

I know but if I go with a 8600k instead what would be the better option as I still haven't decided between that or a 7700k

40 minutes ago, G4Frost said:

Both Prime As are pretty good. For Z370, I'd try to stretch for ASRock Z370 K6 cause its pretty damn good

11 hours ago, dave_k said:

In my area that's the exact same price as all the other Z370s lower on your list so that works hahaha