This is why W2000 is best. Help me with W10 update issues.

Windows2000
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Let me guess, you upgraded to windows 10 from a previous OS?

Here's your fix.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

So, I followed this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components , then I restarted my pc multiples of times, already tried messing with some of the registries that works with windows updates but nada. I also ran the windows update troubleshooter built in W10 multiples of times but it solves nothing.

I am currently on W10 V1607. Yes, mucho old. I know. So I am trying to finally update to 1703, but I keep getting the error message that:

We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update.

The only differences from running the troubleshooter, etc is that the update iteself redownloads but it gets stuck when it's "preparing to install updates". I really do not want to refresh updates or hard reset my pc. I have already done that wayyy before and as an audio producer with numerous types of different plugins that I struggled to harmonize, that is the last thing I want. 

Here are the results from the troublehshooter: (check attatched results)

I beg anyone to please help me with this issue. Anyone... please.

asddddd.pdf

I produce music!

I LOVE w2000 too. 

Go to the command prompt, (note you have right click and run as admin) then type      chkdsk /r /f 

then press enter, you may have to restart to start the scan, but windows will tell you. 

Here's your fix.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

I LOVE w2000 too. 

Go to the command prompt, (note you have right click and run as admin) then type      chkdsk /r /f 

then press enter, you may have to restart to start the scan, but windows will tell you. 

Just finished chkdsk AND sfc (just in case). Both had perfect results with no bad sectors or corruption issues found. Any other ideas on how to cure my poor soul? :/

I produce music!

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Here's your fix.

Screw it, try a fresh, clean install of Win10 using the Windows Media Creation Tool and an 8gig flashdrive.  Nuke the drive eliminating any partitions, repartition and format the drive.  That should fix things.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Here's your fix.

NOPE! I did a clean install of windows as I was installing my SSD. Thus, it should be the same thing as a clean install since I did it off of an ISO. Am I supposed to do a recovery update? Didn't try that yet.

I produce music!

Just now, Windows2000 said:

Just finished chkdsk AND sfc (just in case). Both had perfect results with no bad sectors or corruption issues found. Any other ideas on how to cure my poor soul? :/

try this in the command prompt                 sfc /scannow

Just now, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

try this in the command prompt                 sfc /scannow

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I already did it...

I produce music!

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Screw it, try a fresh, clean install of Win10 using the Windows Media Creation Tool and an 8gig flashdrive.  Nuke the drive eliminating any partitions, repartition and format the drive.  That should fix things.

The last thing I want to do is uninstall my current applications. I do NOT want to back up and reinstall a crap ton of samples (about 1.3TB). Please don't make me do this.

I produce music!

1 minute ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

its from microsft and i use it worked every time

It is  possible to upgrade without losing your data if I remember right.  I believe the option is given during the upgrade process like where it asks if you want english, french, italian or hungarian.

This is going to sound really dumb at first read, but bear with me whilst you try this process.

1. Run a backup or at LEAST set a "system restore point".
  2. Download the Windows 10 1703 or 1709 isos - since you're using this machine for productivity I assume you've checked for compatibility etc? - and save them in a public folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents will work fine)
  3. Turn off the Windows Update service (run > services.msc, wuauserv "Windows Update Service", set to disabled then click stop), then delete the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
  4. Next, make a new administrator account on your pc, but don't log into it yet. It doesn't matter what it is, it'll only be temporary.
  5. Restart your pc now, log onto the new account, re-enable Windows Update service and try to run the upgrade *directly from the iso*. Don't try to upgrade through WU.

This helps to limit the possibility of something on your account/a configuration error linked to software installed under your account causing the issues. If this fails, please post a copy of your setuperr.log file sicne that should help narrow down the exact fault.

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Here's your fix.

Actually... you're right. I had a windows.old folder on my c drive for some reason, and the reasons why I had the two volumes on startup is becasue i didnt wipe the OS volume whenI reinstalled windows. I deleted that and everything works fine! Thank you @IBM_THINKPAD_R51 and everyone that helped me cheers!~

time to hide back in the bios and become a ghost on ltt

I produce music!