Thoughts on Home Bluetooth Speaker?

BrownBear0311
Go to solution Solved by ShredBird,

Look into the Audioengine B2s.  Or if you want a bigger, more hi-fi set the HD6s.  Don't let the B2's size fool you, I've used it to play music for a party and everyone was blown away at how this little box was producing such loud and high quality sound.  If you weren't in the room with it you would think a full size home stereo was playing.

I will be brief, clear and to the point.  

I am looking for option on a home bluetooth speaker. Basically the only wire I want is the power cord, that is it.  The purpose of this speaker is to fill the house with a strong enough (just to reach the ears) of everyone in the house (2 story).  So it can be used anytime I want to connect to it, but it will mostly be just when guests are over.  I ask here what options people might think of because what I am finding in my searches in my opinion is trash. Too many people trying to pawn off the Amazon Echo or Google Home trash speakers.  I don't want my speakers spying on me, just play music when I connect to them.  Thanks in advance.

I personally have a Bose Soundlink Mini 2 (connects via Bluetooth or auxiliary input) and it's pretty powerful. But I'm not quite sure it would fill an entire house on its own

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

35 minutes ago, BrownBear0311 said:

I will be brief, clear and to the point.  

I am looking for option on a home bluetooth speaker. Basically the only wire I want is the power cord, that is it.  The purpose of this speaker is to fill the house with a strong enough (just to reach the ears) of everyone in the house (2 story).  So it can be used anytime I want to connect to it, but it will mostly be just when guests are over.  I ask here what options people might think of because what I am finding in my searches in my opinion is trash. Too many people trying to pawn off the Amazon Echo or Google Home trash speakers.  I don't want my speakers spying on me, just play music when I connect to them.  Thanks in advance.

JBL Xtreme will do the job.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I think you are going to have a problem filling the entire house from one speaker without killing the eardrums of whoever is close to it. I mean, if it's on the first floor, you will have to have it quite loud to be enjoyable to listen to on the second floor. Might I recommend something a little different than what you are asking for?

Since you really don't want any other wires or a receiver, might I recommend the Sonos One? I know they don't use Bluetooth like you want, but they use WiFi which I would think should result in better sound quality. They support multi-room listening and you can even pair them together in one room so you can get stereo sound. Personally, I can't stand not having stereo and at least decent staging for my audio. With the Sonos One, you you can pair two together in one room.

Granted, to get stereo in two different locations would be quite pricey. You are looking at four units which would cost $800 USD. So perhaps you could just put one on each floor to keep the cost down initially? Maybe add more later?

These do have Alexa, but I believe you can disable her.

10 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I think you are going to have a problem filling the entire house from one speaker without killing the eardrums of whoever is close to it. I mean, if it's on the first floor, you will have to have it quite loud to be enjoyable to listen to on the second floor. Might I recommend something a little different than what you are asking for?

Since you really don't want any other wires or a receiver, might I recommend the Sonos One? I know they don't use Bluetooth like you want, but they use WiFi which I would think should result in better sound quality. They support multi-room listening and you can even pair them together in one room so you can get stereo sound. Personally, I can't stand not having stereo and at least decent staging for my audio. With the Sonos One, you you can pair two together in one room.

Granted, to get stereo in two different locations would be quite pricey. You are looking at four units which would cost $800 USD. So perhaps you could just put one on each floor to keep the cost down initially? Maybe add more later?

These do have Alexa, but I believe you can disable her.

Yea the Alexa part bothers me. Wifi speaker interests me very much.

1 hour ago, BrownBear0311 said:

Yea the Alexa part bothers me. Wifi speaker interests me very much.

Is just disabling her good enough? If you were really concerned, you could always open it up and disconnect the mic. Although, you would probably void the warranty then.

Look into the Audioengine B2s.  Or if you want a bigger, more hi-fi set the HD6s.  Don't let the B2's size fool you, I've used it to play music for a party and everyone was blown away at how this little box was producing such loud and high quality sound.  If you weren't in the room with it you would think a full size home stereo was playing.

4 hours ago, ShredBird said:

MY MAN! That's exactly what I have been looking for. THANK YOU!

1 hour ago, BrownBear0311 said:

MY MAN! That's exactly what I have been looking for. THANK YOU!

Pro tip, order refurbed on their website to save some money.  Comes with the exact same warranty and if there are any problems, they pay for shipping.  Literally no downside. Nice bought two sets of speakers from them refurbed with no issues.