What console should I get?

xDylanio

Hey guys, so black friday is pretty close, and Christmas, so I was thinking of using that to get a console. I'm probably going to be a casual gamer at this point, but I do want a console because I would like to be in bed playing games, instead of being on my pc and sitting down. 

I'm not a console expert or anything, but what do you guys suggest I get. I'm not looking at getting some last gen consoles, I can definitely wait a few months to get a console if that means I can get the best. Also I will probably just be playing fifa 18

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

Honestly either PS4 or XBONE are great if you just want to play FIFA. If you want AAA titles though and the best exclusives you're best going with the PS4, if you like Forza then get XBONE. Forza is the only reason to get an XBONE though but you have a banging PC so you can just get Forza on PC instead. Or if your internet is great then get a Steam Link, they're on sale right now from Steam for $15 and you just need to get a compatible controller then bam your PC in console form. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

If you want to play with friends, get a console from the same brand they play (for cheap, xBox 1 or PS4).

Another one

Thanks for reading, if I got something wrong, please let me know by replying to this comment.

Want to see more tech and photography opinions from me? Here's a convenient link ;):

Sorry, the website is still being set up. I'll try to get it finished as soon as possible.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

Switch because it's at least unique

PS4 has more exclusives and cheaper online I think

Xbone is dirt cheap, I might need one just to play kingdom hearts 3

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

it really depends on what all of your friends play on and what exclusives you like from each.  while ps4 does have more exlusives i prefer xbox for gears and halo personally but i have both

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

12 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Switch because it's at least unique

PS4 has more exclusives and cheaper online I think

Xbone is dirt cheap, I might need one just to play kingdom hearts 3

The Switch while awesome, isn't getting the full version of Fifa 18, so for the OP not a good option.

Is your PC, your TV and your bed all in the same room? If so plugging your PC into the TV and using a wireless Xbone controller would be the cheapest way of doing it. If not there really isn't a lot between the PS4 and the Xbone, unless the PS4's exclusives tickle your fancy, so you might as well go with which ever you can pick up cheapest.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

isn't getting the full version of Fifa 18

Wait what's missing?

36 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

Doesn't Fifa 18 have a PC version as well? Is that one broken too?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Doesn't Fifa 18 have a PC version as well? Is that one broken too?

I do own the fifa 18 pc version, but I would like to play agaisnt my irl friends. While it's not broken, it doesn't have as much players as console, and usually I get matched agaisnt players where we get 2 bars of connection. 

3 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Is your PC, your TV and your bed all in the same room? If so plugging your PC into the TV and using a wireless Xbone controller would be the cheapest way of doing it. 

They all are, but I would need an hdmi cable that reaches from my pc to tv. Which I could do, but im looking at possibly getting an xbox one x or s

Also if any one knows, can xbox one players play agaisnt xbox 360 or xbox one x on fifa 18?

3 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

it really depends on what all of your friends play on and what exclusives you like from each.  while ps4 does have more exlusives i prefer xbox for gears and halo personally but i have both

I'll ask them but I feel like i would get an xbox one or ps4

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

LXbone is dirt cheap, I might need one just to play kingdom hearts 3

Im just looking at playing some casual fifa

3 hours ago, Sam. said:

If you want to play with friends, get a console from the same brand they play (for cheap, xBox 1 or PS4).

Say they have xbox 360 and I have xbox 1, can we play against each other? 

3 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

PC

JK (not really)

Anyway I'd do Xbox One X

It's $500, but I probably will get an xbox one s or x

3 hours ago, Ophidio said:

internet is great then get a Steam Link, they're on sale right now from Steam for $15 and you just need to get a compatible controller then bam your PC in console form. 

Yeah I will use my pc for more demanding games, i tried steam link (still have it) but I had some issues with it, i will try it again though 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

1 minute ago, xDylanio said:

but I would like to play agaisnt my irl friends.

Well what console are they playing on? Or are the consoles cross platform but the PC instead? If that's the case probably Xbone because it's dirt cheap, though the online is more expensive I think

Spoiler

No there is no cross platforming with old gen consoles which sucks, I want to play Reach with my friends who still have 360s but I only have a One S :(. Honestly though if you're really in FIFA that much then Xbox One is the way to go for you as the community on Xbox is bigger than the community on Playstation for that game (from what I've noticed).

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

I'd go with a Playstation, just about anything you would want from X-Box you can get on PC too but Playstation has some exclusive titles that you wont get anywhere else.  I'd honestly base tat decision on nothing more than Naughty Dog.  

PS4 Slim 1TB will be $190 at Costco. Target is offering one free game (up to $60, so no special editions) with the purchase of any XBox One. 

Pretty much a coin flip between PS and Xbox at this stage. PS has the advantage of the Last of Us, but Xbox has Halo :D I've always been fascinated with the Halo series, so more or less the only reason I've stuck with Microsoft all these years.

My 2 cents...

My XBox1 is good as a home entertainment hub. The XBox Gold membership, while pricey, gets me some okay games. Mind you, if I were to redo my get-on-the-console-bandwagon again, I'd go with a Playstation. Again, just my 2 cents...

Most of the "exclusives" games you can play on xbox, you can play them on PC. 

Imho its not worth to get xbox due to the Microsoft politcs, they are going to merge console gaming and PC gaming to the higher degree than it is now. 

I will not surprised if microsoft will get rid of the xbox in the future, and start offering fixed pc systems with xbox for more money than the consoles used to be. 

Also ps4 playerbase is much larger, online multiplayer is much more crowded there than it is on xbox. 

switch because good switch 

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

4 hours ago, Nedkely said:

Most of the "exclusives" games you can play on xbox, you can play them on PC. 

Imho its not worth to get xbox due to the Microsoft politcs, they are going to merge console gaming and PC gaming to the higher degree than it is now. 

I will not surprised if microsoft will get rid of the xbox in the future, and start offering fixed pc systems with xbox for more money than the consoles used to be. 

Also ps4 playerbase is much larger, online multiplayer is much more crowded there than it is on xbox. 

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If you're into Forza, this deal on an XBox One S from Dell looks pretty killer.

aR0rYxy.jpg

6 hours ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

My 2 cents...

My XBox1 is good as a home entertainment hub. The XBox Gold membership, while pricey, gets me some okay games. Mind you, if I were to redo my get-on-the-console-bandwagon again, I'd go with a Playstation. Again, just my 2 cents...

Im only looking to play FIFA, just casual to play with my friends online. 

Also do you think in black friday how low will the prices go down for consoles. I might get an xbox one s or ps4

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

TC should try getting a controller and using the PC on the TV directly or via Steam Link. Steam has big picture mode for controller purposes.

For console, I would say a Switch complements a PC nicely, but sounds like that's a big compromise for FIFA?

For PS4 vs Xbox One, if you're into multiplayer, should get the one that'll allow you to play with the friends you want to play with. Otherwise, I'd look into which exclusive games you're interested on both platforms. Xbox One does have the advantage of "play anywhere" games, where if you buy the game digitally on the Xbox or Windows 10 store, you get it on both platforms, which could be useful if you plan on switching between the two depending on your mood. There are more expensive SKUs for both PS4 and Xbox One but I don't think that critical if you decide to get the cheaper versions.

3 hours ago, xDylanio said:

Im only looking to play FIFA, just casual to play with my friends online. 

Also do you think in black friday how low will the prices go down for consoles. I might get an xbox one s or ps4

Your best bet then is Kohl's which will have the PS4 Slim 1TB for $200 on Black Friday and which comes with $60 Kohl's cash, which you could then use to buy FIFA.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Your best bet then is Kohl's which will have the PS4 Slim 1TB for $200 on Black Friday and which comes with $60 Kohl's cash, which you could then use to buy FIFA.

Damnn that sounds like a steal! 

5 hours ago, ono said:

TC should try getting a controller and using the PC on the TV directly or via Steam Link. Steam has big picture mode for controller purposes.

I have the steam link, and I'll probably use it later in the future, but I'm really looking to get a console of some sort

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB