Best looking 120mm fan (from the back)

sheepborg

So oddly specific topic here guys... but certainly you all can help me out

Start with Backstory 
Currently I am doing a case mod with a Powermac G4 Graphite. The color scheme is black and white with only a dash of red. Currently no LEDs planned, though MAYBE a strip up top. Perhaps I should put up a build log of this case? I just dont know if i can afford all the internals sadly, being just a for-fun project but if you want to see the case progressing i guess I can show it off. It is just a slow process.

Why do I need this?
The fan in question is intaking air from the side of the case (from behind the plexiglass, if you know the construction of a g4 powermac), so when you look in you will see the back side of the fan. Due to the layout of the custom build, it HAS to be mounted this way and it HAS to be there

Colors: 
Preferably a black bodied fan with black/white.grey fins, but any combo of black/grey/white ought to do depending on the looks

Size:
120mm. That is what i have drilled and cut for

Performance:
I could care less, only looks matter!

So what I need is to know the BEST looking 120mm from the BACK SIDE.
Back side being this side: 

11-fan-front_0.jpg

So rack your brains, what fan has the BEST looking back side that is black, or white, or maybe a grey color, or can easily be made to be said colors.

I'm counting on you! 
Thanks!

noctua, lol

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

i would say silverstone ap122, only because its a build-in guard. Were you planning on using fan guards? my decision might change if you were planning on using fan guards.

AP122-Back.jpg

So oddly specific topic here guys... but certainly you all can help me out

Start with Backstory 
Currently I am doing a case mod with a Powermac G4 Graphite. The color scheme is black and white with only a dash of red. Currently no LEDs planned, though MAYBE a strip up top. Perhaps I should put up a build log of this case? I just dont know if i can afford all the internals sadly, being just a for-fun project but if you want to see the case progressing i guess I can show it off. It is just a slow process.

Why do I need this?
The fan in question is intaking air from the side of the case (from behind the plexiglass, if you know the construction of a g4 powermac), so when you look in you will see the back side of the fan. Due to the layout of the custom build, it HAS to be mounted this way and it HAS to be there

Colors: 
Preferably a black bodied fan with black/white.grey fins, but any combo of black/grey/white ought to do depending on the looks

Size:
120mm. That is what i have drilled and cut for

Performance:
I could care less, only looks matter!

So what I need is to know the BEST looking 120mm from the BACK SIDE.
Back side being this side: 

So rack your brains, what fan has the BEST looking back side that is black, or white, or maybe a grey color, or can easily be made to be said colors.

I'm counting on you! 
Thanks!

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Thanks for quick responses guys!

The fan location has no risk of anything getting in the blades, so whatever goes up there is just going to be run as-is.

The fan will likely be at low speed regardless because it just needs to get air into the case, not so much cool a particular thing because there is no front intake on the case. (that is why performance doesnt matter)

See:
200px-GraphiteG4.jpg

There is space behind that side panel and I have notched out along the bottom so air can come in. But you will obviously never see the fan except from the inside on the back side of the fan

Just looking to the forum for gobs of great recommendations of what they think will look good

i would say silverstone ap122, only because its a build-in guard. Were you planning on using fan guards? my decision might change if you were planning on using fan guards.

As much as I love my NH D14 in my main rig, cant pop them in this mod ;)

noctua, lol

noctua, lol

I really don't like the rear of my NF-F12s or NF-A14s. Hell, most people can't stand them from the front to begin with

I really don't like the rear of my NF-F12s or NF-A14s. Hell, most people can't stand them from the front to begin with.  :lol:

attachicon.gifnoctua_nf_a14_pwm_4.jpgattachicon.gifnoctua_nf_f12_pwm_3.jpg

uhaa Noctuna's colours...... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

bsp_pl1_front_web.jpgNB-BlackSilentPro

eloop_B12_1_front_web.jpg NB-eLoop Series 120mm

These or the bequiet silent wings 2

Interested in Business and Technology

I'd suggest custom painting the label on the back.

The bequiet fans look pretty good from the back when mounted with the soft pins. They look very clean.

who cares...

Any of the BeQuiet! fans are definitely good lookers, also check out Noiseblocker e-Loops.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Dang those are beautiful fans! $$$$$, but very good looking fan. Anywhere (ships to usa) that has them for less than $30.00 or so? Cheapest I can find them for?

eloop_B12_1_front_web.jpg NB-eLoop Series 120mm

Those also look fairly good, not too sure about the ridges on the blades

These or the bequiet silent wings 2

I have some carbon fiber vinyl going over top of whatever label is there most likely. I agree on those soft pins though!

I'd suggest custom painting the label on the back.

The bequiet fans look pretty good from the back when mounted with the soft pins. They look very clean.

United States

Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.