Help me choose Ultrawide monitor

Shay47

I need new monitor for my pc, i will do 60% gaming(rpg and fps) and 40% productivity(blender,photoshop,premiere,visual c,etc) i consider these monitor:

Samsung cf791(va,1440p uw, 100hz,freesync)

acer x34(not x34a)(ips,1440p uw, 100hz oc gsync)

asus pg348q(ips,1440uw,100hz,gsync)

asus mx34vq(ips,1440uw,100hz,fre

here in my local store, the cf791 for $740, x34 for $1148, and pg348q for $1480.

I also heard some problem with these monitor:

x34 and pg348q: ips glow and BLB

Cf791: slow input lag and color reproduction

My budget is aroud $1200(not sure i can afford to get pg348q, but maybe in few months)

So what did you guys think? 

My spec: ryzen 7 1700 & gtx 1080 ti

MX34VQ is kinda the right way to go for me

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

6 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

MX34VQ is kinda the right way to go for me

Why?it has the same spec but with 50% more expensive than cf791

18 minutes ago, lefudgelover666 said:

i have the Alienware AW3418DW which to me has a better panel than that used in the predator x34 but is more expensive at $1500, its on sale right now at the Dell site for $999

Thx, i never heard about this monitor before, might consider it

2 hours ago, Shay47 said:

Why?it has the same spec but with 50% more expensive than cf791

Thx, i never heard about this monitor before, might consider it

ok but if you are going to be fine with the samsung monitor issue go get the samsung

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Second the alienware. If you are able to purchase now / soon while its on sale, its the best bang for your buck. It's clocked at 120hz overclock - the asus needs to be overclocked to 100hz if I recall... It comes with a standard advanced replacement 3 year warranty. . . There is no bleed lottery as their QC is one of the best... 

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

Yep, the Acer and Asus panels have waaaaaaay too many quality control issues and run at 75hz native instead of 100 and you have a 120hz guaranteed OC on the Alienware where as you might reach 100hz on the others if you're lucky, and that's assuming you aren't abvuctim of all the other shoddy qc issues

I came from a BenQ XL2720Z (TN 144Hz). Just got a PG348Q, and it's something else. It was made in October 2017, so this could mean that QC could be better, who knows.

Best gaming experience personally. I turned the brightness down and the black light bleed has only been notcied on a loading screens etc. while playing a game I don't even think about it, however this could be from me coming from a TN.

image.jpeg

CPU: i7-5820k (4.7GHz/1.292V)                             RAM: Cruital Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4                                Case: NZXT H440 Razer Sound: SVS Ultra Bookshelves / SVS SB13-Ultra / Marantz SR7008

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3                                         Storage: Samsung 840 Evo (500GB)  + WD Black (1TB)    PSU: EVGA G2-1000        M/KB: Razer Ouroboros / Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 

Mobo: MSI X99S Sli Plus                                         GPU: EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid                                     OS: Windows 10               Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z / Asus PG348Q

On 11/8/2017 at 9:40 PM, Reckless95 said:

I came from a BenQ XL2720Z (TN 144Hz). Just got a PG348Q, and it's something else. It was made in October 2017, so this could mean that QC could be better, who knows.

Best gaming experience personally. I turned the brightness down and the black light bleed has only been notcied on a loading screens etc. while playing a game I don't even think about it, however this could be from me coming from a TN.

Yeah that was an awesome monitor, i want it too so bad, but it is 50% more than other VA board :( , btw how about microboard m340clz? it is $657 here in my country

On 11/8/2017 at 7:39 AM, lefudgelover666 said:

Yep, the Acer and Asus panels have waaaaaaay too many quality control issues and run at 75hz native instead of 100 and you have a 120hz guaranteed OC on the Alienware where as you might reach 100hz on the others if you're lucky, and that's assuming you aren't abvuctim of all the other shoddy qc issues

On 11/6/2017 at 4:36 AM, reptileexperts said:

Second the alienware. If you are able to purchase now / soon while its on sale, its the best bang for your buck. It's clocked at 120hz overclock - the asus needs to be overclocked to 100hz if I recall... It comes with a standard advanced replacement 3 year warranty. . . There is no bleed lottery as their QC is one of the best..

Yeah dell always had an awesome QC, has been playing with my friend u2515h