Price Comparison of Screen Repairs for iPhone X (Country to Country)

comicsansms
9 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

But the thing, the iPhone 5 got released over 5 years ago. I don't think I know anyone who still uses an iPhone 4s or older. And chances are, if a person has a iPhone (and is older than 17 years old), they have upgraded from another iPhone in the past 5 years.

That's valid for USA and first world countries but in third world countries there are many people using older phones included iphone. My country (Georgia. Not USA state but Europe country) is one of them. Here people are working month for about 150-200$ sallary. Very few people have jobs with higher sallary about 400-600$ a month and about 5% (Government and their relatives) have i must say unlimited compared to others sallary. They take about 3000-5000$ a month on top of that they take Bonus same amount of money and then they created addons with about half of sallary. They are wealthy people and all the businesses are theirs. Ordinary people can't do anything. Here i do not know why but if you have iphone it means something to iphone owners. It's very sad but it seems people are trying to establish themselves in society with iphone.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

4 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

That's valid for USA and first world countries but in third world countries there are many people using older phones included iphone. My country (Georgia. Not USA state but Europe country) is one of them. Here people are working month for about 150-200$ sallary. Very few people have jobs with higher sallary about 400-600$ a month and about 5% (Government and their relatives) have i must say unlimited compared to others sallary.  Here i do not know why but if you have iphone it means something to iphone owners. It's very sad but it seems people are trying to establish themselves in society with iphone.

yup, iPhones are very expensive outside of "the west"...

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

If you can't qualify the statistics beyond basic market share in Australia, then maybe don't make comments about IOS being a specific attribute of the market of the whole western world.

1, Australia is a western market. 2, That actually doesn't change much.

Australian: iOS: 56.11%, Android: 41.91%

Canada: iOS: 51.37%, Android: 46.46%

United Kingdom: iOS: 50.92%, Android: 46.17%

United States: iOS: 54.96%, Android: 44.37%

http://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

With regard to the charger thing, I already stated what chargers I have and what chargers I need.  

Good for you, that wasn't your point, or what you said.

13 minutes ago, Prysin said:

yup, iPhones are very expensive outside of "the west"...

Flagships are expensive everywhere, and apple only makes flagships (with the exception of the new iPhone 8)

16 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Flagships are expensive everywhere, and apple only makes flagships (with the exception of the new iPhone 8)

No iphone is much more expensive then any other smartphones in other countries. Even compared to note 8, google pixel they are much much more expensive!

for example here in my country (GEL is our currency):

note 8 costs 1,026.73$ equivalent GEL

iphone X costs 1,711.22$ equivalent GEL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

19 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Sure you can cherry pick countries.

Finland iOS 28.83%

Germany iOS 31.26%

France iOS 16.78%

Europe as a whole 28.24%

To me that seems like quite a difference between Western countries unlike what you said.

21 minutes ago, Nizkus said:

Sure you can cherry pick countries.

Finland iOS 28.83%

Germany iOS 31.26%

France iOS 16.78%

Europe as a whole 28.24%

To me that seems like quite a difference between Western countries unlike what you said.

iOS has always been ahead a little in americanized/anglosphere countries, as they seem to be the status symbol orientated countries, where you need to show off that you can afford something, much like the rapid increase of new cars bought on PCH and PCP, especially because most if not all iphones are bought on credit or contract, which is given out to anyone with little checks or regard of the customer being able to afford it, and even now with carriers/networks offering leases for new phones, namely they advertise very clearly that they offer it on iphones, which involves a 24 month lease agreement with little if nothing upfront, but offer a clause you can upgrade when the new one comes out if you sign up to a new 24 month lease.

and it's kinda funny that apple's recent explosive growth does sort of coincide with the explosive growth of people being granted large amounts of credit, so when that bubble bursts it could be interesting, and i'm not saying there's any correlation between them, but their growth is extremely similar, and notably the US and UK are 2 of apple's largest markets which are also 2 of the biggest lenders and borrowers.

i'm not saying that any of this could be true as it's mostly just anecdotal from seeing apple's growth compared to the growth of credit being granted.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

9 hours ago, themctipers said:

i dropped my 6s+ onto fucking grass and it cracked.

laugh-point-628x363.JPG

Now watch him go all Stockholm syndrome on us and upsell some apple warranty program, instead of questioning their build quality/engineering (or lack thereof).

11 hours ago, themctipers said:

just.. get applecare

please, i know you will drop it, and break it. 

you will. 

its all glass

seriously guy, do it

anigif_enhanced-10122-1413470906-4.gif

Yep.

28 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

laugh-point-628x363.JPG

Now watch him go all Stockholm syndrome on us and upsell some apple warranty program, instead of questioning their build quality/engineering (or lack thereof).

Reveal hidden contents

anigif_enhanced-10122-1413470906-4.gif

Yep.

im not denying iphones are fragile as fuck, they always have been.

buy applecare+

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Buying anexo iPhone X in Brazil is the most stupid thing one can do. It costs a bit leds than SEVEN minimum wages. Ouch.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

9 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Not too sure what you are hoping to achieve here. Making blanket statements about market share and trying to convince others of something completely immeasurable is not going to work. Remember this all started when you tried to claim  it was the main OS in the "western" world.   

Just remember many of us on these forums know how statistics work for most part.   We have different opinions for very valid reasons. The breakdown of market share varies wildly with culture/economics, not with being "western" which, BTW, is fast becoming an irrelevant label for many countries and probably should be left in the 80's.

Whilst there is a technical difference between device sales and market share in use, it isn't a great deal and not much usable information can be garnered from it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 hours ago, themctipers said:

I dropped my 6s+ two stories (window of my bedroom) and only the power button dented. 

How does that even happen

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

35 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

How does that even happen

remember that bug that was on my phone and i was at the window .. 

and i was talking to you .. .

:P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

remember that bug that was on my phone and i was at the window .. 

and i was talking to you .. .

:P 

I don't, but are you suggesting you threw your phone out the window because there was a bug on it?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

25 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't, but are you suggesting you threw your phone out the window because there was a bug on it?

yes

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

yes

This is why Apple can charge $800 for a repair

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

This is why Apple can charge $800 for a repair

actually $29.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

actually $29.

Not according to the charts

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

actually $29.

That's like 2 months of Spotify you could have gotten instead.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not according to the charts

image.png.30288091d5dad58572ecd3129f8460ec.pnghttps://support.apple.com/en-ca/iphone/repair/service/pricing

ok $39

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That's like 2 months of Spotify you could have gotten instead.

I'd take a full good screen replacement over 3 months of Spotify

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'd take a full good screen replacement over 3 months of Spotify

It's better freeloading other's subcriptions, isn't it?

Just now, Comic_Sans_MS said:

It's better freeloading other's subcriptions, isn't it?

no

because one is free.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

17 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

This isn't a surprise since Samsung priced the OLED screens higher for the iPhone X.

I didn't read the thread at all, but I just thought I'd mention that Samsung charges $220+ for a screen repair for the S8+, so Apple's $280 isn't unreasonable considering they pay more for the screen than Samsung does. The only thing unreasonable is the $550 to replace the back glass -- it should be like $100 at most (it's $70+ on the S8+). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@mate_mate91, @Nizkus@mr moose. Let's ignore my incorrectly proportioned statistics (That really actually doesn't change my argument of apple isn't going to go away anytime soon), and work on a new percentage of iOS Users in the Western World.

image.png.1ddb2250149257158c1b2db9a196de70.png

~38%

(Left out a zero on canada, changes the percentage up less than a percent, to make it 38.8%)

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

@mate_mate91, @Nizkus@mr moose. Let's ignore my incorrectly proportioned statistics (That really actually doesn't change my argument of apple isn't going to go away anytime soon), and work on a new percentage of iOS Users in the Western World.

image.png.1ddb2250149257158c1b2db9a196de70.png

~38%

(Left out a zero on canada, changes the percentage up less than a percent, to make it 38.8%)

Does anybody know what he is trying to say? 

"Western world" means very little these days,  And I am still not sure why these figures are important?  Why is the EU-Uk separate?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

46 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Does anybody know what he is trying to say? 

The orginal quote is here. That is where the bitching about statistics came from.

17 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

iOS is not going out of the scene anytime soon. iOS is a very well rounded, designed echo-system. And is the main mobile OS in the Western World.

"Western world" means very little these days,  And I am still not sure why these figures are important? 

The statistics aren't important imo, but YOU were the one who challaged my statement, so you clearly care. It was a minor footnote in my initial post

16 hours ago, mr moose said:

I think you'll find android has a higher market share.  Something like 63-77% depending on which analyst you ask.

Why is the EU-Uk separate?

The reason why UK is seperate from the rest of Europe is because the UK data is very different compared with the rest of Europe, and much more similar to AU/CA/NZ/US.

15 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

15 hours ago, Nizkus said:

Finland iOS 28.83%

Germany iOS 31.26%

France iOS 16.78%

Europe as a whole 28.24%