Price Comparison of Screen Repairs for iPhone X (Country to Country)

comicsansms
27 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The orginal quote is here. That is where the bitching about statistics came from.

The statistics aren't important imo, but YOU were the one who challaged my statement, so you clearly care. It was a minor footnote in my initial post

The reason why UK is seperate from the rest of Europe is because the UK data is very different compared with the rest of Europe, and much more similar to AU/CA/NZ/US.

You do realise that the EU and UK are very much a western civilizations?  The fact there is a difference between the UK and the rest of the EU has nothing to do with being "western". In fact the very term "western" is frequently interchangeable with European.   You are trying to insinuate there is some sort of link between IOS use and being western, but in order to do that you have to exclude the single largest conglomerate of western nations.     That is called cherry picking your data. It really does little for proving anything.  If you wanted we could come up with a multitude of propositions to explain usage statistics in each country.  They aren't going to be much good for anything but we can do it all the same.

EDIT: and just in case you think I am being unreasonable in saying these statistics don't prove what you think they do or you think they aren't cherry picked, here's another website with contradictory data to the one you posted:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266572/market-share-held-by-smartphone-platforms-in-the-united-states/

According to them at no point in history has IOS been more used than android in the US, but your source says the exact opposite.  

The only statistic that doesn't seem to change is the one that says android is hugely more used than IOS the world over.   What does that mean? absolutely fuck all, but hey, throwing around usage claims must mean something otherwise you wouldn't have done it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

13 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You do realise that the EU and UK are very much a western civilizations? 

Yes I do. I don't think I have said anything in this thread to counteract that notion.

The fact there is a difference between the UK and the rest of the EU has nothing to do with being "western".

I never said that.

The term western is interchanagble with cultures of European Heritage, yes. Hence why Australia is a western Country.

You are trying to insinuate there is some sort of link between IOS use and being western, but in order to do that you have to exclude the single largest conglomerate of western nations.

No, I miss judged the situtation, assuming Europe would be very similar to the Western Nations I am more familiar with, and since have posted a correction saying that I was wrong.

That is called cherry picking your data. It really does little for proving anything.  If you wanted we could come up with a multitude of propositions to explain usage statistics in each country.  They aren't going to be much good for anything but we can do it all the same.

No, the bias is not straighed from trying to prove you wrong, but infact due to the lack of research. However, your claim of the western society having a market lead of android by 63-73% is border line bullshit based on the later research I have completed, especially since you have not sourced it.

Honestly, I do not care. I really do not at this point. You just want a fight, and I don't. And I think every other interaction with you has resulted in the same.

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

However, your claim of the western society having a market lead of android by 63-73% is border line bullshit based on the later research I have completed, especially since you have not sourced it.

This right here is the problem, I did not make that claim, I only told you that making statements about IOS in the "western" world is wrong as the statistics do not support it.   When I pointed out the global figures, it was to illustrate the marked difference in statistics, not to prove a point.  Also I did link to an analyst that presented opposing data.  If you really want to cling to your "research" at least make sure you qualify the source and maybe attempt to explain why you think it is better or has intrinsic value over contradicting sources.

I don't know what the issue here is but you keep using the term "western" like it has some meaning and you keep adhering to numbers that are meaningless.  If your argument is that it is the most used OS in the "western" world, then you have to use ALL the data from conventionally labeled western countries,  not exclude or list countries separately.

But as I said, this trope that western culture exists anymore is a dying concept.  At best it is becoming an arbitrary notion of heritage.    Multiculturalism, immigration and globalization are slowly eroding such cultures.  You will find more meaningful relationships between OS market share and corporate culture, marketing and consumer laws than between market share and old cultural definitions.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I walked by an Apple store today, the amount of people in there was incredible. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

16 hours ago, Nizkus said:

Sure you can cherry pick countries.

Finland iOS 28.83%

Germany iOS 31.26%

France iOS 16.78%

Europe as a whole 28.24%

To me that seems like quite a difference between Western countries unlike what you said.

Would that not be cherry picking too, what you just did?

@Comic_Sans_MS is valid in picking those four countries, because they are a fairly accurate representation of where phones would be launched first, the United States especially.

All around, you see the biggest gain in Android phones in lower scale markets, i.e. South America and Southeast Asia probably, but in the big English markets, it's fairly split down the middle, with a slight skew towards iOS.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Would that not be cherry picking too, what you just did?

@Comic_Sans_MS is valid in picking those four countries, because they are a fairly accurate representation of where phones would be launched first, the United States especially.

All around, you see the biggest gain in Android phones in lower scale markets, i.e. South America and Southeast Asia probably, but in the big English markets, it's fairly split down the middle, with a slight skew towards iOS.

Of course it was cherry picking, since point of my post wast to show that you can easily make whatever conclusions you feel like if you only look at stats that align with your agenda.

It really doesn't matter to me how successful iOS is, I just had problems with the whole "[iOS is] the main mobile OS in the Western World" and stats that were used to prove it.

Just pay another $200+ for AppleCare, DUH!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

29 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Just pay another $200+ for AppleCare, DUH!

A few credit cards also provide free insurance on phones too.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

A few credit cards also provide free insurance on phones too.

Which is nice, but I was really just making a smartass reply to those being so cavalier about $200 up front and $30 for every fix.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

On 11/5/2017 at 2:19 AM, Cookybiscuit said:

They kill the battery capacity and ability to use a 3.5mm jack by making phones so thin, then everyone goes and puts a big thick rubber cover on it and a screen protector to hopefully save them $400 when they drop it.

Only smartphone's I've owned were the iPhone 5c and the Samsung Galaxy S7. I had the 5c armored like a tank in a case that had a plastic frame inside a rubber shell. I do the same to my S7 and this case has a screen protector.

16 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Dude, in Brazil you're always screwed. The iPhone X will cost up to 7800 BRL, or 2400 USD.

It's basically (US price + transportation) * 1.6 (plus 60% of those two in import taxes) * 1.25 (plus 25% of that in federal + state + social security taxes).

That sounds like a wonderful place to live :S

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Dude, in Brazil you're always screwed. The iPhone X will cost up to 7800 BRL, or 2400 USD.

It's basically (US price + transportation) * 1.6 (plus 60% of those two in import taxes) * 1.25 (plus 25% of that in federal + state + social security taxes).

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to the US and buy one in person?

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to the US and buy one in person?

Knowing Brazil's taxes, probably xD Though that would apply to any electronics

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Knowing Brazil's taxes, probably xD Though that would apply to any electronics

I remember there being a big stink about the xbox pricing over there.

9 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Yes, flying there + ~4 days in an hotel + food/transport/etc and you can still save some money, but when you come back you might have to pay those taxes at the airport, as there is a quota of 500 USD per year per person that you can import by yourself without paying anything to the government.

That's just shit. :(

On 07/11/2017 at 8:40 AM, gabrielcarvfer said:

Yes, flying there + ~4 days in an hotel + food/transport/etc and you can still save some money, but when you come back you might have to pay those taxes at the airport, as there is a quota of 500 USD per year per person that you can import by yourself without paying anything to the government.

Just like when Ps4 launched here for 4000 BRL