Advice and recommendations wanted for Fan Control software

Euphoria

Hey everyone,

Short version: Is SpeedFan the only free fan control software without the requirement of having specific brand fans/mobo, or is there an alternative??? 

Long version: I'm running an ASUS mobo so I've been using the included ASUS Thermal Radar fan control software (now called Fan Xpert), but it is ridiculously unreliable, useless and just plain broken! It refuses to increase the RPM on most of my fans when temps increase, the only way to fix it, is to open the app and manually disabled all the fans one by one then enable them again.... but I have to do this every single time I switch on the PC. Secondly, it reports nearby Sensor temps and not actual temps, so when Thermal Radar registers my CPU at 35c the actual core temps are more like 55c. 
I've tried different versions and updates for it but it's just broken and many other users say the same.

I've looked around over the past few months for an alternative (that actually works) but I'm not coming up with much. I know of SpeedFan, but a few people have told me it hasn't been updated in years so it's apparently difficult and problematic to set up, so I've been told. Other than that, I can't find anything that doesn't require buying new fans.

So, does anyone know of anything that works properly and doesn't require buying all new fans???
Thanks

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

10 minutes ago, strat guy said:

No idea about Thermal Radar but their Fan Xpert 4 is working just fine here.

I believe Fan Xpert is the new name for Thermal Radar, basically the same thing.

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

On 4.11.2017 at 2:11 PM, Euphoria said:

I believe Fan Xpert is the new name for Thermal Radar, basically the same thing.

What chipset you are using? And short answer is yes, SpeedFan is only alternative to mobo's softwate. There are Link and CAM, but they need hardware hub for fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had a feeling this was the case. Well OK then, I guess I'm learning how to set up SpeedFan. Hopefully it will recognise my system this time, as last time I briefly tried it a few years ago it showed my CPU @0c, it didn't show half of my fans and my GPUs at something silly like -199c.

Appreciate the help.

^ If you'd tell chipset, I could tell if its supported or not. Latest Intel and AMD aren't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

My bad completely forgot to add that.

I need it on two systems as both are currently running ASUS's own fan control software which plain and simply does not work. One older rig on Z77, and one on X99.

4 hours ago, Euphoria said:

My bad completely forgot to add that.

I need it on two systems as both are currently running ASUS's own fan control software which plain and simply does not work. One older rig on Z77, and one on X99.

Both are supported to my knowledge. I'm running SpeedFan on Z87.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv