Thinking about the iPhone X....Anyone switch from Android to iOS?

I've had a Note 5 since it came out and I have loved this phone since then. The screen is on par with most flagships today with a quad HD AMOLED display and it has 4gb of ram like most flagships, fast wireless charging but degrading battery life. I waited for this last round of Android flagships this year to finally upgrade but I've been disappointed. Galaxies are out the question because for some reason, I really don't like the infinity displays so no S8 or Note 8 for me. The LG V30 looked fun but after reviews and using it in store, its a no. The Pixel 2 xl was the one I was waiting for but with all the problems it has, its been kind of unmotivating and then I went to go use it in store and the display is terrible, plus it is way to big to use comfortably with one hand with annoyingly large side bezels so that is a no. Then the Iphone X came out and I laughed it off but after using it in store, I fell in love with it. Easy one handed use, fast response and beautiful display(finally wireless charging and fast charging). The only thing keeping me away for now is the software. Not really iOS it self because I think its beautiful and fast but the android software. I use google now and its cards a lot(trust me..) and I have a calendar widget and a data usage widget that has saved my life a lot of times. I know there are no widgets on iOS (if any knows how to get google now on iOS PLEASE LET ME KNOW) but I think I can risk some of the conveniences of widgets on android for a phone I will enjoy using most of the time and something new I can experience which I want. Price and headphone jack is not a big deal, the iPhone is only $3 more a month than a note 8 and $5 more than a pixel 2 xl and I use Bluetooth anyways. If anyone has switched from android to iOS, please let me know your experience, I am confused rn but I am leaning heavily toward the X. 

Well i switch a long time ago back when the Iphone 4 came out and I have been an apple fan boy since then my android phone before was running Eclair. Iphone However i'm in the reverse boat of you lol. I just got the new Iphone I'm not a fan of it. It feels like and android phone running IOS (in a weird way). It doesn't feel like an Iphone. I'm thinking about switching to the Note 8 after using it.  But I think it will be a difficult switch considering i have about 10 years of apps and saves on my IOS devices 

I personally don't have problems transitioning from Android to iOS, but it is a problem going from iOS to Android, mainly because it is easy to sync calendars and contacts from Gmail to an iPhone and a complete f*cking hassle to sync iCloud to an Android phone. You may lose convenience to your Google Cards, but there is a Google app on the App Store that basically has it all, but I'm not sure if notifications like weather cards show up in the Notification Center as is on Android phones. 

I think the iPhone X is a great phone, but there will be a lot of features you will miss from Android.

52 minutes ago, Lindows said:

Well i switch a long time ago back when the Iphone 4 came out and I have been an apple fan boy since then my android phone before was running Eclair. Iphone However i'm in the reverse boat of you lol. I just got the new Iphone I'm not a fan of it. It feels like and android phone running IOS (in a weird way). It doesn't feel like an Iphone. I'm thinking about switching to the Note 8 after using it.  But I think it will be a difficult switch considering i have about 10 years of apps and saves on my IOS devices 

Thanks! The note 8 is way to big for comfort and like I said the infinity display for some reason I really dont like lol. 

22 minutes ago, nelsonpong said:

I personally don't have problems transitioning from Android to iOS, but it is a problem going from iOS to Android, mainly because it is easy to sync calendars and contacts from Gmail to an iPhone and a complete f*cking hassle to sync iCloud to an Android phone. You may lose convenience to your Google Cards, but there is a Google app on the App Store that basically has it all, but I'm not sure if notifications like weather cards show up in the Notification Center as is on Android phones. 

I think the iPhone X is a great phone, but there will be a lot of features you will miss from Android.

thanks! yea I need something new in my life, had an s4 before note 5 so like around 5 years of android. 

You’ll probably need some getting used to.

I use both an iPad and a Note8 regularly. It’s not hard for me to switch although that’s because i’m already deep in both ecosystems 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

@pcguyiguess I was iPhone hater before I've switched to it, now I don't imagine that I will come back to Android in the future. Because iOS is lightning fast and I like all this attention to the details in iOS. You will get used to it in a week easily

6 hours ago, pcguyiguess said:

I've had a Note 5 since it came out and I have loved this phone since then. The screen is on par with most flagships today with a quad HD AMOLED display and it has 4gb of ram like most flagships, fast wireless charging but degrading battery life. I waited for this last round of Android flagships this year to finally upgrade but I've been disappointed. Galaxies are out the question because for some reason, I really don't like the infinity displays so no S8 or Note 8 for me. The LG V30 looked fun but after reviews and using it in store, its a no. The Pixel 2 xl was the one I was waiting for but with all the problems it has, its been kind of unmotivating and then I went to go use it in store and the display is terrible, plus it is way to big to use comfortably with one hand with annoyingly large side bezels so that is a no. Then the Iphone X came out and I laughed it off but after using it in store, I fell in love with it. Easy one handed use, fast response and beautiful display(finally wireless charging and fast charging). The only thing keeping me away for now is the software. Not really iOS it self because I think its beautiful and fast but the android software. I use google now and its cards a lot(trust me..) and I have a calendar widget and a data usage widget that has saved my life a lot of times. I know there are no widgets on iOS (if any knows how to get google now on iOS PLEASE LET ME KNOW) but I think I can risk some of the conveniences of widgets on android for a phone I will enjoy using most of the time and something new I can experience which I want. Price and headphone jack is not a big deal, the iPhone is only $3 more a month than a note 8 and $5 more than a pixel 2 xl and I use Bluetooth anyways. If anyone has switched from android to iOS, please let me know your experience, I am confused rn but I am leaning heavily toward the X. 

I switched about 2 weeks ago from an s8+ to an iPhone and I love it, I can't see myself ever going back to Android 

10 hours ago, pcguyiguess said:

Something important to note: iOS does have widgets, they're just not directly on your home screen.  They're off to the side either on your home or lock screens.  Also, you can use a 3D touch on some app icons to peek at their widgets on the home screen.  You can get data usage apps (iMore has a few recs) that should have widgets, and Google Calendar has its own iOS widget.

The Google app on iOS has Google Now, if you're wondering.  It's just that you have to launch the app to use it outside of notifications.  Otherwise, you can get away with using iOS' own widget screen (it can show you news, weather and other relevant info).

For that matter, you can use many of the apps you're used to on iOS, including Calendar (of course), Gmail, Hangouts and others.  You don't have to use all of them (Apple's Mail and Calendar apps support Google accounts), but they're there if you want to use them for sake of familiarity.  You just can't set them to be the defaults in most cases, although Google apps frequently have their own internal defaults that can launch other Google apps.  Gmail can kick you over to Chrome, for example.

With that said: more than anything, you need to be open to the other way of doing things, even if it means switching apps or making tradeoffs.  I see too many people who try a platform and reject it simply because it's not what they're used to.  Ever see those Android users who say they would use an iPhone if only Apple would include features X and Y, and it becomes increasingly clear that what they really want is an Android phone with an Apple logo on it?  It sounds like you're open, but just remember to give yourself some time and allow yourself to be flexible.

On 04/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, pcguyiguess said:

I switched from a note 3 to an iPhone 7 Plus. Everything is blazing fast. But after a while I got a bit sick of the ui and was bored of it. So I got a galaxy s7 edge. Now I'm trying to decide which one to use as my daily driver. Its strange to wait eagerly for IOS updates every time. Dying to explore the new features added. But in the end, I always get tired of not being able to customize the OS.

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-13700KF (5.5GHz, -0.1v Offset), Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO, MSI Z690 Force WiFi, ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070 OC, 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 CL36, 500GB WD Black SN850, 500GB WD Black SN750, 4TB Toshiba N300, Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular PSUPhanteks P500a Digital 

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Dell S3422DWG 34 inch 144Hz QHD Ultrawide Monitor, Logitech G815 Lightsync, Logitech G703 Lightspeed, Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, Sennheiser HD 560s, Cooler Master MH630

Laptops:

Spoiler

Razer Blade 14 (2021),  AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, 2x8GB DDR4, 1TB Samsung PM991a

Phones:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 256Gb Graygreen, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 128GB (Running Pixel Experience Android 13)

I picked up an iPhone X Friday (Coming from an iPhone 7+, and an LG G Flex prior to that), I love it so far.

There are still many apps to be updated for the phone and those that aren't don't look amazing, especially landscape ones such as Clash of Clans, the ones that are updated however look stunning, Alto's Adventure takes full advantage of the screen and haptics and despite being a pretty dull game, is soooooo nice to play because of its looks and feel.

I moved to iOS after having a LG G Flex for 2 years, perhaps not the best choice of phone for a first android at the time but I wanted something different, and it was, it was a fun phone and I enjoyed the customisation, issues started to happen after the first year though,

There were no updates for new android OS's whereas on iOS I get every update the day it comes out and they're regular updates. This meant I was stuck with bugs that were on my android version that I couldn't get fixed like a Bluetooth bug that caused it to keep dropping out every 10 seconds.

I had an issue with my charging port and when I contacted LG they wanted me to send the phone away for 2 weeks to get looked at and they would charge based on what the issue was. If I have an issue with my iPhone I take it to the apple store and they fix it then and there or give me a new phone... so much easier,

I do miss allot from android but I like my phone to just work. It just does what is should, and it does it well, really well.

Id say go for the iPhone X for sure but its not my decision its yours ;)

My name on everything is mac300010 but I messed up making my account on here so mac30001 it is B|