Should I refund COD: WW2?

DSprite

Everybody has been saying the servers are down, the game crashes and the campaign is short. I pre-ordered. Thinking of refunding.

yes

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

I wouldn't charge back based on peoples assumptions.

never preorder, especially if it's an EA game (I know COD is not EA, but ME:A was)

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

you can play up to 2 hours before refunding on steam,so you can still try
if you got a retail copy too bad

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

3 hours ago, Trol said:

I wouldn't charge back based on peoples assumptions.

Don't preorder at all maybe?  

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Cryosec said:

never preorder, especially if it's an EA game (I know COD is not EA, but ME:A was)

I pre-order all the time.  It's a great way to save money and/or get bonuses. I saved 10% on Amazon for Metroid: Samus Returns and ME:A.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I pre-order all the time.  It's a great way to save money and/or get bonuses. I saved 10% on Amazon for Metroid: Samus Returns and ME:A.

yeah but sometimes what you get is a steaming pile of garbage, and it is a perfectly businesstactic that is getting abused into oblivion

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

I don't want to go off topic hear, but even if I agree on the 10% saving, preordering still means you'll buy something you don't know if it's even finished (ME:A wasn't). bonuses are just stuff you can unlock in game or completely useless (special skins and other stuff)

my way is just to never support EA with preorders

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

And you ruin everything for the rest of us with your selfish behaviour. Pre-orders have caused gameplay to be stripped and held ransom as "bonuses". You ARE the reason those bonuses exist in the first place. But i'm sure you're perfectly willing to accept this and not vehemently defend your purchases in response.

Nope, not expecting cognitive dissonance in the slightest.

that wasa little harsh, dont you think?

1 minute ago, Cryosec said:

I don't want to go off topic hear, but even if I agree on the 10% saving, preordering still means you'll buy something you don't know if it's even finished (ME:A wasn't). bonuses are just stuff you can unlock in game or completely useless (special skins and other stuff)

maybe not support EA in general?

1 minute ago, Ruffleduffle said:

maybe not support EA in general?

also that lol I'll see how Star Wars Battlefront II goes (tried both closed alpha and open beta) and choose if I'll buy it or not. that's all I'm willing to do with EA

(Poor OP, he's post got derailed pretty quickly)

1 minute ago, Cryosec said:

also that lol I'll see how Star Wars Battlefront II goes (tried both closed alpha and open beta) and choose if I'll buy it or not. that's all I'm willing to do with EA

they have found a way to dissapoint in every franchise they touch since probably bf3

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

And you ruin everything for the rest of us with your selfish behaviour. Pre-orders have caused gameplay to be stripped and held ransom as "bonuses". You ARE the reason those bonuses exist in the first place. But i'm sure you're perfectly willing to accept this and not vehemently defend your purchases in response.

Nope, not expecting cognitive dissonance in the slightest.

25-Funny-Salty-meme-1.jpg

Just now, Cryosec said:

Mass Effect: Andromeda was a bad decision on my part, I'll give you that.  In that case it was someone else talking me into it.  He had already ordered it for his first PC game, and wanted someone to play with.  It's usually when I absolutely KNOW I want something that I'll order it.  For example, if it's a series I collect like Metroid or Zelda.  I'm also not talking about bullshit skins when I say bonuses.  I mean like when it includes an extra game or something.  I pre-ordered A Link Between Worlds and got Oracle of Ages with it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

they have found a way to dissapoint in every franchise they touch since probably bf3

loot crates ffs

DLCs that could easily be part of the game since launch ffs

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

snip

the last preorder I did was for The Division. I cashed out and got the collectors edition, and I really enjoyed it, sadly not for long. xD

but we all know how this story went

Game has been fine for me. The only sort a crash or freeze I've has is when yo exit score streak training back to HQ. The loading menu just never ends. I can live with the server issues right now. This day and age it's pretty common for rocky servers at launch, though still not acceptable. Not enough to make me refund it though.
It's my fave cod since black ops 1. Finally boots on the ground.

Also, if you have the game now, you can play for just under two hours and decide if you like it or not before refunding.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

4 hours ago, Cryosec said:

loot crates ffs

the sad truth is, lootcrates and chopped up games are here to stay. Modern games are super expensive to make and produce, and since these shady tactics are generating lots and lots of money in addition to the retail.

If they where to ditch those tactics the prices for the retails would have to go up significantly probably close to 200 bucks for a game like battlefront with all the branding and stuff.

I dont like how it is, but it is probably not changing anytime soon.

FeelsBadMan

@Majestic @General Winter

Lets just cool down a bit, or please go fight this with pm's or something like that

It just game out. Every game goes through issues at launch, I'd just ride it out and see what happens. Being a CoD game I highly doubt the issues will stick around for long. Jumping to a refund this early IMO is foolish.

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

It used to be 20%. I just checked and you're right, it's dropped. Sad days.

1 hour ago, Cryosec said:

loot crates ffs

I like loot crates :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yes if you don't like the game. Otherwise you could wait until there are more patches to the games and servers.

3 hours ago, Ruffleduffle said:

the sad truth is, lootcrates and chopped up games are here to stay. Modern games are super expensive to make and produce, and since these shady tactics are generating lots and lots of money in addition to the retail.

If they where to ditch those tactics the prices for the retails would have to go up significantly probably close to 200 bucks for a game like battlefront with all the branding and stuff.

I dont like how it is, but it is probably not changing anytime soon.

FeelsBadMan

thats actually not true; like most companies they have no reason to cut corners other than to make more profit at the expensive of quality and ethical business practices (such as the mentioned gambling system called loot crates and tax evasion)

i know some people hate sterling but he makes good points (especially at around 7:00 he talks about the greedy, but i'd really recommend watching the whole thing for context)

I don't see anything wrong with pre-ordering if you can refund it. Leave a negative review if its bad and refund that shit. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yes, because CoD is shit and always has been. This one particularly more so because of the hilarious stupid loot boxes that turn you into a walking advertisement for the same loot boxes.

Seriously, people need to stop supporting these big triple A titles and send a fucking message, and we as a community need to more actively shame people who buy them. At this point it is BEYOND question that buying these games hurts the industry as a whole.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why are you asking this? If you don't like the game and you have the option to get a refund why wouldn't you? 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB