2560x1080 isn't recognized through DP to HDMI cable

RainColt
Go to solution Solved by Cryosec,

I had the same problem with a DP to HDMI I bought from Amazon. When I double-checked, the amazon page said it was for resolutions up to 1080p, which actually meant 1920x1080, not ultrawide. So now I'm back to using the HDMI cable instead of DP to HDMI

I just hooked up my Ultrawide monitor with a DP to HDMI cable and the freesync works but it doesn't see it as a 2560x1080 monitor, with a straight HDMI cable it works but I only have one HDMI out which is being used for my wireless HDMI, is there something wrong with my cable, is there a reliable DP to HDMI cable out there?

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Is it recognized at all? Or can't just run it at native resolution and frame rate?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

I had the same problem with a DP to HDMI I bought from Amazon. When I double-checked, the amazon page said it was for resolutions up to 1080p, which actually meant 1920x1080, not ultrawide. So now I'm back to using the HDMI cable instead of DP to HDMI

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

7 minutes ago, RainColt said:

I just hooked up my Ultrawide monitor with a DP to HDMI cable and the freesync works but it doesn't see it as a 2560x1080 monitor, with a straight HDMI cable it works but I only have one HDMI out which is being used for my wireless HDMI, is there something wrong with my cable, is there a reliable DP to HDMI cable out there?

You need a Type 2 DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, Type 1 adapters have a max of 1920×1080 at 60 Hz.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DP&input=HDMI

1 minute ago, Cryosec said:

Yeah, im just shopping around and it looks like most are for 1200x1920 max resolution, ordered an adapter for my wireless hdmi instead.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?