Recommedation 27 - 34" monitor

ringo

Waiting for black friday Amazon EU, need some monitor (I prefer VA panel) recommendation for max ~300€.

I found this for VA:

Samsung C27F591FD - wobble stand, good reviews, but don`t like too much curved, didn`t used or see anything from curved monitors

ACER XZ271bmijpphzx - causes headache by some user review, flickering problem

HP Omen 32" - ghosting, flickering problems, not good for eyes

Asus rog XG27V - too expensive, I don`t think his price will fall too much on Black friday

AOC AG272FCX - good specification, but high price

AOC Q3279VWF - too be released, seems like good budget

Samsung C32H711 - grea but high price

Others:

LG 34UM59  seems good for price, 5ms (too slow??)

LG 34UM68 - too expensive

LG 34UC79G - too expensive

Benq XL2720Z - Tn but seems to have good specification

Any other monitor? recommendation?

3 hours ago, ringo said:

LG 34UM59

I'd love to recommend this but popular opinion seems to be that 1080p on a 34" UW or 27" 16:9 isn't good. But if you are fine with that resolution, then take another look at it. I can expand on this if you want. Same thing with the Samsung and many of the other monitors you mentioned.

If I were to recommend a monitor, it would be the BenQ GW2765HT, 27" 1440p IPS. Nothing too exciting but it is a solid monitor. 

51 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

I'd love to recommend this but popular opinion seems to be that 1080p on a 34" UW or 27" 16:9 isn't good. But if you are fine with that resolution, then take another look at it. I can expand on this if you want. Same thing with the Samsung and many of the other monitors you mentioned.

If I were to recommend a monitor, it would be the BenQ GW2765HT, 27" 1440p IPS. Nothing too exciting but it is a solid monitor. 

I sold my LG 27MP68HM two weeks ago because I didn`t like IPS bleeding. I got used to TN panel before I bought him and also seems like that IPS has some more motion blur that was noticable to me.

LG 34UM59 - this one seems interesting because it 34", it has 1ms motion blur reduction (don`t know how efficient is that??). Will it have worst picture since it has in name number 59 compared that my previous had 68? I will look some of reviews.

My first favorite is Samsung C27F591FD, it has great picture, great reviews but not sure how will it look curved. I prefer VA because I like to play dark games (space, horror, cyberpunk).

Also I don`t know how big discount can I expect on Amazon EU...

59 minutes ago, ringo said:

1ms motion blur reduction (don`t know how efficient is that??).

Read this article, Scroll down to 'How Does Blur Reduction Work'

https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/

and then look at th Flicker section of this article:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/motion_blur.htm#disadvantages

1 hour ago, ringo said:

but not sure how will it look curved

Best way to find out would be to go to a local physical store and see if they have a monitor that has a 1800r curve so that you can see if you'll like it.

1 hour ago, ringo said:

Will it have worst picture since it has in name number 59 compared that my previous had 68

No, the difference in screen quality will be marginal. Still look at reviews but I doubt there will be any difference in the screen itself.

14 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

Read this article, Scroll down to 'How Does Blur Reduction Work'

https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/

and then look at th Flicker section of this article:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/motion_blur.htm#disadvantages

Best way to find out would be to go to a local physical store and see if they have a monitor that has a 1800r curve so that you can see if you'll like it.

No, the difference in screen quality will be marginal. Still look at reviews but I doubt there will be any difference in the screen itself.

Will blur reduction work with freesync? That 34" is not curved, I read that 34" is best curved because it is too wide so it will be better eyes, I won`t get eye strain :|

There is also UM59 version, can`t see difference except that UM59 has response time GTG 14ms (??). Difference in price is 50€. I will need to look some reviews.

In my local stores there is no curved monitors, in that case I would rather risk it with that 27" curved Samsung at least I will know good quality picture without IPS bleeding.