Why Have i used so much SSD Space

So I recently picked up a Crucial MX300 275GB SSD and I swapped it for a WD 1TB Hard Drive.

I am using the Hard drive alongside the SSD, it contains my OS (Windows) and a few games:

Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Player Unknown Battle Grounds and a few more they don't take that much storage up.

The Question is, Do you Guys have any optimisation tips for Windows or anything?

I recommend you use a program like WinDirStat to find out what is taking up the most space on your drive and then manage it accordingly 

I don't know if the following might be true for you, but what if a program randomly created proxies? Had this problem before; a few minutes of 1080p proxy took up about 90 gigs. Also, it may just be other sorts of temporarily files that weren't deleted...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Try running a program like CCleaner, or even the default Disk Cleanup. Make sure that with Disk Cleanup, you select "Clean up system files." This'll appear after the initial scan prompt as shown in the below screenshot.

Spoiler

fff.PNG.67efaa5ea910c2d2f6e36f315b5e9c91.PNG

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

start out with running "cleanmgr" (thats what you type in windows search, its better known as disk cleanup)

run it as admin, delete all the crap you dont need, might save you 30 gigs right off the bat.

past that.. a "well used" windows install can cost you a good 50GB, CS:GO is 16GB, pubg is 7GB.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Try running a program like CCleaner, or even the default Disk Cleanup. Make sure that with Disk Cleanup, you select "Clean up system files." This'll appear after the initial scan prompt as shown in the below screenshot.

Reveal hidden contents

fff.PNG.67efaa5ea910c2d2f6e36f315b5e9c91.PNG

good ol' disk cleanup is actually better at finding the *really* big offenders, as they often are windows "features" (i'm unsure why a 30GB "old windows installation" is necessary after a feature update..) that get out of hand.

CCleaner is more for cleaning out the preverbial nooks.