Need Advice on Powersupply

Turel

Hey people.

I'm looking for some advice as I'm building a new pc and I am looking for a new power supply that is Atx modular power supply.The link to the parts I have selected is HERE!  but I will be adding more Ram and maybe another GPU at a later date. So I need some wiggle room not just for that and but also because fudge factoring. It says 609 watts on Partpicker  but I don't think that is fully right so if anyone could give me some advice here with some links to parts on part picker would be grateful thanks guys

PCPP is always addinga bit of wiggle room, so the wattage you'll actually need is probably quite a bit lower.
But since you want to add another GPU I suggest you go with at least a 750w PSU, if not 800 or 850.

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

30 minutes ago, Turel said:

Hey people.

I'm looking for some advice as I'm building a new pc and I am looking for a new power supply that is Atx modular power supply.The link to the parts I have selected is HERE!  but I will be adding more Ram and maybe another GPU at a later date. So I need some wiggle room not just for that and but also because fudge factoring. It says 609 watts on Partpicker  but I don't think that is fully right so if anyone could give me some advice here with some links to parts on part picker would be grateful thanks guys

I made some changes: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/BkRtM8

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Well, if the budget allows it I would get a Corsair MP500 NVMe drive, which seems to cost a few bucks more than the 960 EVO, and including MLC memories if you care about durability. I personally care about that, and I defend to always choose an MLC drive (for example, Crucial BX300 over the always-recommended Samsung 850 EVO), but it's not the end of the world anyway. xD

I wonder what's the budget you leave for the Power Supply, to recommend the best option. With another GPU, you mean to change the 1080ti or to include another one in SLI? If you aren't planning any SLI / mGPU configuration, you are fine with 550-650W.

2 hours ago, Turel said:

Hey people.

For a 1950X and two 1080Tis, if you want to OC I would get a 1200W. That may sound overkill but a 1950X is a very, very power hungry thing. 1080Tis with limited OC consume about 300W. The 1950X will feasibly consume that much or more

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-1950X-and-1920X-Review/Power-Consumption-and-Overclocking

1950X consumes 268W under load without overclocking. Expect to add another 100W of draw with a very small bump in voltage since it's got 16 cores.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||