Please Help 144 Hz Monitor Issue

Adam Bouk
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
16 hours ago, Adam Bouk said:

I have recently purchased a Gigabyte Aero 15, and I have been having trouble getting my monitor to run at a high refresh rate. I previously used a dual link DVI cable, but there is no DVI output on my laptop, and adapters do not aid the performance of the monitor. I am trying to use a BENQ XL2411 monitor, which has an HDMI, DVI and  D-Sub.

I am currently using a DVI to USB Type C connector to reach a higher refresh rate, however my monitor brings up a very large error message which impedes my ability to use this monitor...

I do not know very much about the NVIDIA software, or the BENQ software, if there is anything on those platforms that could help please let me know

If anyone has any knowledge about how to unlock the full capabilities of this monitor, please let me know!

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=high_refresh_displays

I have recently purchased a Gigabyte Aero 15, and I have been having trouble getting my monitor to run at a high refresh rate. I previously used a dual link DVI cable, but there is no DVI output on my laptop, and adapters do not aid the performance of the monitor. I am trying to use a BENQ XL2411 monitor, which has an HDMI, DVI and  D-Sub.

I am currently using a DVI to USB Type C connector to reach a higher refresh rate, however my monitor brings up a very large error message which impedes my ability to use this monitor...

I do not know very much about the NVIDIA software, or the BENQ software, if there is anything on those platforms that could help please let me know

If anyone has any knowledge about how to unlock the full capabilities of this monitor, please let me know!

I think that single-link DVI does not support that high refresh rate... also adapters can impede getting the full bandwidth. Looks like the Aero 15 has an HDMI port so you should try that.

I don't think that my monitor supports more than 60 Hz with HDMI, I saw something about HDMI 2.0 and whatnot allowing up to 120 Hz... but i have not had any luck with HDMI.

Also the DVI is Dual Link, and I was able to run high refresh rates, but I have not had any luck finding a DVI-Dual Link adapter to either HDMI, Type C or miniDP

Using the Type-C adapter I get an error message that says:

"Incorrect cable. Please use the DVI dual-link cable that came with your monitor"

HOWEVER It is able to reach 120 Hz with minimal issues... except for the large box in the corner of my screen... :/

There are no USB C to Dual-Link DVI adaptors. Only to single link. You'll need an Active Display Port to Dual Link DVI that supports 1080p 144hz. 

16 hours ago, Adam Bouk said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=high_refresh_displays