Xbox 360 or HTPC??

Rekx

So i got this idea of making a media pc to our TV. This will be used for movies (netflix and local files) some webbrowsing and maybe some gaming. The gaming part is where i got stock, cause the old console (mainly xbox 360) can play games in okay quality (better then a similary priced pc). Also the abillity to play GTA V would be awesome. The bad graphics is not a problem cause i have a gaming pc that i play all my demanding games on. This is more for 

The problem is that i like the openess of the pc platform, which the xbox lacks though the Xbox can play games better. The prices point im talking about is 270-280 dollars (the prices of a xbox 250gb with two games halo 4 and tomb raider) Do you think this is posiblo and what option would you pick?

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

mac mini, lol

no

just get a nuc or something

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

ebay is your friend :)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

xbox360 is a pretty good deal, at the moment

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

xbox

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

You can build a pretty nice HTPC for 300 dollars : ( Assuming the storage is steamed to it via a NAS or something ) ( or you can add a simple HDD also ) Just put XBMC on it or use an android stick/ ''legit'' windows.

CPU:  AMD A6-5400K 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($54.99 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler:  Gelid Solutions CC-Siberian-01 51.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($9.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard:  MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mini ITX FM2 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Microcenter) 
Memory:  Patriot Signature 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($25.99 @ Amazon) 
Case:  Silverstone ML05B HTPC Case  ($44.50 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply:  SeaSonic 350W 80+ Certified SFX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Mwave) 
Total: $255.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-06 15:34 EST-0500)

Interested in Business and Technology

Raspherry Pi!!! for HTPC is good but if you want gaming too you can get a X360 for about $250

You if you have a PC too go with an HTPC because i suppouse you already have games. GTA V PC version it;s very likely to release when the Next-Gen version come out amoung with the Xone and Ps4 Version

mac mini, lol

no

just get a nuc or something

Nuc is pretty exspensive where i live :P 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

You can build a pretty nice HTPC for 300 dollars : ( Assuming the storage is steamed to it via a NAS or something ) ( or you can add a simple HDD also ) Just put XBMC on it or use an android stick/ ''legit'' windows.

CPU:  AMD A6-5400K 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($54.99 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler:  Gelid Solutions CC-Siberian-01 51.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($9.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard:  MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mini ITX FM2 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Microcenter) 
Memory:  Patriot Signature 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($25.99 @ Amazon) 
Case:  Silverstone ML05B HTPC Case  ($44.50 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply:  SeaSonic 350W 80+ Certified SFX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Mwave) 
Total: $255.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-06 15:34 EST-0500)

Look aweomse :) and no i dont have a NAS server. The case seemse pretty nice. Though i cannot deside what to get a xbox or HTPC. Im so frustrated!! 

Look aweomse :) and no i dont have a NAS server. The case seemse pretty nice. Though i cannot deside what to get a xbox or HTPC. Im so frustrated!! 

you can always put a half decent GPU in your system and play games on low-medium, seeing that you are playing on a (probably) big screen from far away 720P will look just fine.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Add An HDD then :P

Interested in Business and Technology

Raspherry Pi!!! for HTPC is good but if you want gaming too you can get a X360 for about $250

You if you have a PC too go with an HTPC because i suppouse you already have games. GTA V PC version it;s very likely to release when the Next-Gen version come out amoung with the Xone and Ps4 Version

But the games i play on my main gaming pc is pretty demanding titles, mostly shooters. 

A HTPC would be more used for webbrowsing and not gaming. I have pretty high demands when it comes to pc gaming. 

you can always put a half decent GPU in your system and play games on low-medium, seeing that you are playing on a (probably) big screen from far away 720P will look just fine.

I could do that :) but then i would have to get a bigger case then the Silverstone 

PC master race!

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Xbox so cheap

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Remember the price for Live isn't a problem for me, cause i can get it really cheap. The choice is really, games = xbox but if i want to mess arround with it the HTPC is a better option. 

ps3 imo, that way you can play bluerays

Im not into the whole buying blu rays thing ;-) The xbox is also cheaper and have a better online system.

I think I will go with the xbox idea and when the steam machine comes out Ill get one of them.

Thanks for the suggestions :-) the whole HTPC will have to wait untill i get a NAS server

Im not into the whole buying blu rays thing ;-) The xbox is also cheaper and have a better online system.

Ahhh, I saw a used ps3 for under 300 that why i said it

if as you say you do have a gaming pc , I'd go for a HTPC option, if gaming is not your main concern the htpc would provide a better platform for media playback and if at some point you do play some games on it having a AMD apu based system will give some halfway descent gaming ability without the need for high end graphic cards

that silverstone ml05b case could be loaded up with 4 WD Blue WD10JPVX1TB for one hell of a video library ( 4tb worth )

why buy a 8 year old console? it will probuly only last 2 years till all the major games only come out for current gen not last gen

Aselwyn1

ye maybe the HTPC is better especialy now that steamOS will soon be upon us.

Xboxes tend to have all the features that you just dont need for that kind of application. Build your own, you won't regret it.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

ye maybe the HTPC is better especialy now that steamOS will soon be upon us.

this too.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.